6003Re: Newspaper archive

  • Alex MacPhee
    Feb 3, 2014
      I'm not sure about specific Peterhead archives, but if you are a member of your local public library, you may have free access to the British Museum's digitised collection of 19th Century Newspapers. I live in England, and via my library card number, I can log in to that collection through my town library's own web site, by entering the barcode number on my library card.

      The collection is searchable and contains newspaper archives from all over the country. It was during a session browsing this collection that I discovered, from the Dundee Courier and Argus (as well as other Scottish papers) of the death by drowning of the 16-year-old son of my great-greatgrandfather while sailing a new fishing boat back from Peterhead down to Cruden Bay, in 1872.

      --- In Peterhead@yahoogroups.com, Betty Miles <bettymiles@...> wrote:
      > Does anyone know if there are Peterhead newspaper archives for the period 1840-1900?
      > Betty
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic