5900Kemp Family

  • Elizebeth Dempster
    Mar 15, 2013
      Hello Listers:

      I  am searching for information on Harry Kemp, born June 28, 1884 in the district of St. Andrew, Edinburgh, son of Cecilia Lindsay Dempster Kemp, and James Romanies Kemp.  I know from my research that Harry married Mary Ann Duncan Geddes February 7, 1917 in Peterhead.  I believe they had a son, Harry, c1920, perhaps more children that I have not yet discovered.

      Harry's Kemp siblings are:  George Gordon Kemp, Cecilia Blackie Johnstone Kemp and Margaret Isabella Kemp.
      The Dempster children from Cecilia's first marriage are Lauchlan John, James, William, Thomas and Janet Ann Baird Dempster.

      Cecilia Kemp is my gg grandmother, having been married first to Lauchlan John Dempster.  The Kemp name has been kept in the naming of a few men in our family, due to the family's fondness for James Romanies Kemp.

      I would love to hear from any Kemps who would be connected to this part of my family tree.

      Regards,
      Elizebeth Dempster
      Ontario, Canada

      Names of interest:  Dempster, Laing, Syme, Kemp,

      .
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic