5569Re: Episcopalian Records

    May 22 1:46 AM

      Hi Keith,

      There are some Aberdeenshire Episcopalian records that have survived and indexed.

      For example:

      Register of Baptisms ‘Espiscopalian’, Peterhead, Scotland 1738-1788, indexed by Archibald Strath Maxwell.  I think the Aberdeen & NE Scotland FHS have these, can’t remember if they re-published.  They have also been filmed by the LDS which is where I first obtained the records (I have film numbers 874218 item 4 and 933436, you will need to check which is correct, Book 941.25/P1 V26p).

      Peterhead index has:

      Baigrie Elizabeth Petrie page 49

      Robert page 49

      No Sutherland

      Sorry don’t have page 49 for actual entry.

      From a quick Google search of Archibald Strath Maxwell:

      Registers of baptisms, marriages, burials, St. Mary's Episcopal, Inverurie, Aberdeenshire, Scotland, 1842-1929  St. Mary's Episcopal Church (Inverurie, Aberdeen)

      Baptisms of St. John's Episcopal Church, Aberdeen, 1778-1855

      Register of baptisms, marriages and deaths, 1799-1911  Portsoy Episcopal Church (Banffshire, Scotland)

      Registers of baptisms, Episcopalian Church, Peterhead, Scotland, 1738- 1788  Maxwell, Archibald Strath

      Baptisms, marriages, and deaths of the Episcopal congregation at Lonmay, Aberdeen, Scotland, 1727-1854  Maxwell, Archibald Strath

      Register of baptisms, 1778-1855  St. John's Episcopal Church (Aberdeen, Scotland)

      Baptisms and marriages, Trinity Chapel (Episcopal), Aberdeen, Scotland, v. 1. 1753-1770 -- v. 2. 1770-1803.

      The registers of the Episcopal Congregation, Fraserburgh, Diocese of Aberdeen & Orkney, Scotland, 1766-1884

      The registers of St. James the Great, Episcopal Chapel, Stonehaven, Kincardineshire, Scotland, 1758-1880

      The registers of St. James the Less, Episcopal Chapel, Cruden, Diocese of Aberdeen and Orkney, Scotland, 1807-1870

      The registers of St. John the Baptist Episcopal Chapel, Drumlithie, Kincardineshire, Scotland, 1769-1883

      St. Andrew's Episcopal Chapel, Banff, Banffshire, Scotland, 1723-1752

      Regards,

      Wade.