5552Heritage Display

    Apr 2, 2011

      Hi Margie,

      I knew you were involved with the display of photos at Scottish Week, but didn’t know what the centre was doing.

      I have heaps of Peterhead boat pictures, including some with skippers names, but this still doesn’t always help me.

      So have you come across any of our Burnhaven Reids with boats?

      I have pictures of:

      Traveller PD 301, Willie Reid

      Violet Flower PD 41

      John Reid “Jakie”

      Windermere PD 154 and PD 203

      Andrew Reid

      Have no idea which families they might fit into.

      I would however like to know more about:

      Ugie Vale PD 277

      Danny Buchan “Burke” and Arthur Buchan “Tocher”

      White Hills PD 302

      Arthur Buchan

      All Arthur Buchan’s, Bruce’s and Strachan’s tie back to Arthur Gall Buchan from St.Combs, my main line and there is also a branch in St.Combs with the by-name “White”.  Donald would possibly know the boats as they would be around the time of his first Glenugie.

      Regards,

      Wade.