      To: Peterhead@yahoogroups.com
      From: wsb@...
      Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2011 18:26:07 +1100
      Subject: RE: [Peterhead] Peterhead births, deaths and marriages

      Hi Matt,

      Then we most likely have a connection, just let me know what branch you are
      researching and where you are stuck at. If you have an Arthur Buchan/Bruce
      or Strachan in the family it descends from the first to move into
      Buchanhaven.

      The Buchan's from Buchanhaven arrived from St.Combs, Lonmay about 1812-14
      are mainly connected with the other two fishing families of Strachan and
      Bruce also from Lonmay.

      Those in Burnhaven are either later generations and those that came from
      Crimond and Rathen, married into families like Cow, Tait, and Stephen and
      Roanheads not so many, but some later generations.

      Regards,

      Wade.