      From: David Britt <mpexota@...>
      To: Peterhead@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Sun, August 22, 2010 8:04:45 AM
      Subject: Re: [Peterhead] re George Simpson,Peterhead shipmaster.

      Hello Susan.. I can account for at least one of your George Simpsons

      John Simpson b. 10 Apr 1763 (Crossfield) Midmar to William Simpson and Helen
      Bannerman
         + Jane Fyfe b. c1766 Dysart, Fife
                Elspet Simpson b. 20 Jul 1793 Midmar
                John b. 16 Jul 1794 Midmar
                George b. 26 Jan 1797 Midmar

      A George Simpson b. c1794 Midmar appears in the 1851 Census as a "Carter" at 33
      Causeway End, Aberdeen married to Janet b. c1799 Forres, Morayshire and Son
      William b. c1842 in Aberdeen.  This is the only George Simpson from Midmar that
      I could find so with a leap of faith, one can assume it is the one listed
      above.  At least your field of Geo Simpsons is now lessened.  Regards   db