5292Re: George SIMPSON, Shipmaster

  • ogstonfamilyresearcher
    Aug 16, 2010
      --- In Peterhead@yahoogroups.com, "Malcolm Simpson" <malcolm.simpson@...> wrote:

      > Dear Susan,
      > Lovely to see your family tree.I have a substanial amount of information on the Simpson family but not in the fashion of yours.
      > George Simpson had nine children as far as I know,three boys and six girls.The three boys all went to sea and became shipmasters in the whaling trade.The youngest Alexander,born 1834 was my gGrandfather,died Stirling in 1919.
      > He had a very interesting career at sea eventually having his own vessel the "Traveller"of Peterhead.He and his wife Christian Ewen had eleven children,the eldest son Alexander also a shipmaster was my Grandfather.
      > So there were once many Simpsons but I don't know any of the present generation other than my immediate family.Hope this helps.Best Wishes, Malcolm Simpson

      Hi Malcolm,

      I just want to verify that my information is correct.

      George Simpson b 1797 married Janet Innes and they had
      Jane Simpson b 1821
      Anne Simpson b 1824 - my gg grandmother
      John Simpson b 1826
      Margaret Simpson b 1827
      Eliza Simpson b 1828
      George Simpson b 1830
      Mary Simpson b 1832
      Alexander Simpson b 1834 - your g grandfather
      Helen Simpson b 1836

      Cheers
      Susan
    • Show all 22 messages in this topic