      From: Robert Prewitt <
      Subject: [Peterhead] Rev. James Keith (b. 1696) Family Search
      To: Peterhead@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Sunday, June 6, 2010, 12:15 PM

      Greetings Dale,

      I also descend from Rev. James Keith of Peterhead, my 6th great-grandfather. A few years ago I posted to this group a couple of times, but you are the only connection I've made. I hope we can help each other.

      There is a great deal of information about the Clan Keith, but little about James. Over the years I've rooted out some from secondary sources, but there seems to be a lack of records about his ancestry. One writer states that James was the son of George Keith, a professor at Marischal College in Aberdeen, where James was a divinity student.

      I've compiled a two page story with footnotes about him, mostly about his marriage and time in Virginia. I can e-mail it to you so you will know what I have, then you can let me know anything more or different that you have. If this works for you, let me know.

      Your Cousin, Bob Prewitt
      Temple, Texas