5247Re: [Peterhead] Re: Losses of Seamen and Fishermen from Peterhead

  • Alison Kennedy
    Feb 22, 2010

      Thanks for the information.  Although slightly outwith my intended timescale I'm looking at possibly referring to other major shipping losses which occurred (I've got to stretch dissertation somehow!) so I may well include this one as being one of the earliest known about.

      From: George <gduncan@...>
      To: Peterhead@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Sunday, 21 February, 2010 22:47:22
      Subject: [Peterhead] Re: Losses of Seamen and Fishermen from Peterhead

      Fit like Alison - here's a late entry for you.Although slightly outside your timescale "1796"It must be one of the earliest recorded Peterhead fishing vessel losses recorded in the newspapers. Taken from the Aberdeen Journal of 19th December 1796.Two vessels lost(unfortunately not named),10 men lost leaving 8 widows and 35 children and some aged dependant parents!As my typing is not the fastest have posted the photocopy in files under Andrew Duncan Aberdeen Journals Death 1796.

      Rgds George Duncan