      From: Ian Robertson
      To: Peterhead@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Friday, September 12, 2008 3:53 PM
      Subject: [Peterhead] Re: Lairs question

      If you are referring to St Peter's Old Churchyard Cemetery in Peterhead,
      the Lair records will record 'who is buried where'. The presence or
      absence of gravestones/tombstones is a matter of intent and circumstance
      - whether if one was set out and if it has it remained there, etc.

      There is an authoritative CD/DVD complete with both monumental
      descriptions and photos available on the old Cemetery available from the
      Family History Society of Buchan which was formed earlier this year (
      www.fhsb.org.uk ).

      Ian Robertson

      864 Pacific Dr.

      Delta, BC