4877Re: [Peterhead] George Simpson Murray

  • malcolm.simpson@ntlworld.com
    May 21, 2008
      Hello Nel,
      George Simpson (shipmaster of "Traveller")and John Murray appear to have been very good friends hence John Murray calling his son George Simpson Murray and George Simpson having John Murray as witness to some of his childrens baptism.
      Alexander Simpson Master of the "Eclipse" when she was lost in the ice in 1858 was George Simpson's youngest son.
      Hope this is of some help.
      Regards,Malcolm Simpson.