47Area interests

  • Shelley Firth
    Oct 2, 1998
      Hi all,
      Finally decided was my time to tell all of my interests in the
      Peterhead area. I am researching the surnames DAVIDSON, BUCHAN,
      WINCHESTER/WINSTER. I have looked at the films of the OPR for Peterhead
      and have all births, marriages and deaths documented for these families.
      Now, it is like a very large jigsaw puzzle I am trying to put
      together!! I would like to tell anyone with these names that I would
      like to correspond, and anyone needing an event for one of these names
      looked up, be sure to ask, I have all from 1600's-1855. What I would
      like to know is if anyone has access to records that would show the
      marriage of a Jane Davidson Winchester or Winster, daughter of William
      Winchester and Janet Davidson, marrying a McLeod, probably about 1868.
      The confusion in this family lies in the fact that they interchanged
      between Winchester and Winster many times. When I first started
      looking, I was seeking WInchester, and am now afraid I have missed some
      under Winster. Also, can anyone tell me if the Buchan name was mostly
      from Aberdeenshire, or was the name also prominent in Banff or Moray, as
      I cannot find the birth of my ggg grandmother Jane Buchan in the
      Peterhead area. Thank you in advance for any insights anyone might
      have!!

      Shelley Firth
      Canada