4550Re: MARTINS

  • ugiepark1
    Oct 1, 2007
      Hi Richard,
      According to Marion Martin/George Lyon marriage certificate, George
      Lyon's parents were James Lyon (Seaman) & Margaret Ritchie. The
      marriage certificate entry is 168/1 (285). They were married in
      Aberdeen although both resided in Peterhead at the time.

      Alex Ritchie

      --- In Peterhead@yahoogroups.com, "Richard Lyon" <rlyon@...> wrote:

      > I spotted the name George Lyon marrying Helen Marion Martin on this
      > thread.
      >
      > Do you happen to have on record who were George Lyon's parents?
      >
      > Many thanks
      >
      > Richard
      >

      > --- In Peterhead@yahoogroups.com, "ugiepark1" <alex-jean.ritchie@>
      > wrote:
      > >
      > > For Norma Manson :
      > >
      > > Hello Again Norma, yes, John Martin (born 1835) died young and
      was
      > > buried in Peterhead in 1837.
      > > Other offspring of George Martin/Catherine Hutchison were :
      > > William H.Martin (b.1838)
      > > Jane Martin (b.1841)
      > > Helen Marion Martin (b.1846) married George Lyon in 1866
      > > George Brown Martin (b.1852)
      > > Sarah Ann Hutchison Martin (b.1854) arried William Taylor in
      Glasgow
      > > 1873.
      > >
      > > Hope this is of interest..........Alex Ritchie
      > >
      > > p.s. interesting story about the Napoleonic era. That would be
      around
      > > 1800. Possibly a Hutchison rather than a Martin ?

    • Show all 7 messages in this topic