4501Lawrence descendent newbie

  • terras_9
    Sep 10, 2007
      Hello. I have been busy researching my Scottish ancestors on both
      maternal and paternal sides. My grandmother, Aida Lawrence, was born
      out in Egypt in 1904, the middle sister, and daughter of George
      Lawrence,a tailor, b. Peterhead in 1877 and Margaret McKeand.
      George's father was James Lawrence, a cooper, b.Peterhead 1848,
      married to Mary Thomson. 2 of George's brothers, John and Robert, also
      went out to Egypt, though Robert returned after his marriage.
      James (b. 1848) was the son of James Lawrence, a cooper,(b. Peterhead
      1820) and Margaret Lawrence (b. Old Deer, I believe, in 1820). This
      James was the son of James Lawrence, b. Old Deer in 1797 and Isabel
      Watt. His wife, Margaret, was the daughter of John Lawrence (b. about
      1793?) and Elspet Presly, b.1794 in Old Machar. I imagine there will
      be a connection between James (b.1797) and John, but have not worked
      it out yet!
      Any info on any of the various siblings of James (b.1797) would be
      great. Also the brothers (Andrew and William) of James (b.1820) and
      the brothers of James (b.1848)-John, William, George and Andrew.
      I was intrigued to read the description of James (b.1797) in an
      earlier post, from the Seamen's Tickets!
      Jenny