      From: MARGIE DAVIDSON
      To: Peterhead@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Saturday, September 09, 2006 5:03 AM
      Subject: Re: [Peterhead] George SIMPSON, Shipmaster

      be followed. Fancy dying in Poland! Do they have certificates? Do you know how he died? Anything that might help, I am quite desperate!
      Cheers,
      Marion

      George Simpson born Peterhead 1797.Mother Margaret Buchan father
      unknown.Married Jane Innes of Macduff 1816.Nine or ten children.Died Stettin
      in 1848 in his 51st.year.

      Stettin was one of the places where they sent salt herring after curing. It would not have been unusual for a Peterhead shipmaster to be there,

      Margie

      Margie