      From: oldwhatone
      To: Peterhead@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Monday, April 24, 2006 4:05 PM
      Subject: [Peterhead] ROBB and BEGG and a shipwreck

      Hi I'm new to the group and thought I'd explain who I'm searching for.
      my husbands gggggrandmother was Charlotte ROBB from Peterhead, born I
      think to James ROBB and Mary YULE in about 1820. In 1846 she married
      Matthew COONEY an Irish sailor who was shipwrecked off Peterhead in
      1843. Does anyone know how I can find out more about this ship?

      The other Peterhead branch I have at the moment is BEGG. They are a
      very confusing family because the ones that aren't called William are
      called James. I haven't found the connection yet except that my father
      in law James, son of James, with a son called James !! used to insist
      he was born in Peterhead, he had cousins there and that was where his
      family came from.
      If anyone can help - especially regarding the shipwreck I would be
      most grateful
      Cheers
      Sue Begg