3925Re: [Peterhead] Digest Number 1345

  • Marion McCall
    Apr 15, 2006
      Hi Jaclyn:

      On a far flung branch connected to our tree, we have the following:

      Andrew Strachan b 1811 d 1 Jul 1891, married Mary Reid b 1812 d 1 Mar 1899.

      They had James Strachan, b 6 Oct 1838 in Buchenhaven, d 30 May 1920, 9 Mid
      Street, Buchenhaven and Andrew Strachan b 13 Aug 1836 in Peterhead.

      James married Mary Watson b abt 1846 at Gamrie.

      They had a daughter, Barbara Strachan b 28 May 1885 at Buchenhaven d 11 Dec
      1947 at Peterhead. She married James Cordiner b 1876 d 1935.

      They had a son, Andrew Strachan Cordiner b 15 Jan 1908 at Peterhead d 10 Feb
      1976. He married Mary Wyness b 21 Nov 1914 d 10 Jun 1957 Aberdeen Infirmary.
      Mary is my husband's first cousin once removed.

      Andrew Strachan married Sara May (b 15 May 1840 at Peterhead) on 9 May 1862
      . No further details.

      If you go to Genes Connected, I think there are quite a few people
      researching the Strachan name.

      Thanks, Marion