      From: "Cci" <cci@...>
      To: <Peterhead@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Sunday, September 04, 2005 3:24 AM
      Subject: Re: [Peterhead] Watts of Roanhead

      > Hi Hazel,
      > I'm not related to your family but this might help.
      > I'll send more bit by bit and I get time.
      > Good luck, and welcome to the group.
      > Catherine
      >
      > It's all Peterhead entries unless stated otherwise.
      >
      > 15-4-1801, John Watt, Weaver in Peterhead a son John
      > witnesses John Robertson and Alexander Simpson
      >
      > George Watt, Cooper in Peterhead and Mary Souttar his wife, a son George.
      > born 2-10-1849 bap 30-10-1849 before William Watt and John Robertson
      >
      > 2-5-1808, John Watt a son John
      > wit James Lawrence and John Dinnes
      >
      > 29-9-1805, John Watt a son Alexander
      > wit John Robertson and Alexander Simpson
      >
      > 8-2-1824, John Watt, a Joiner in Peterhead a son James
      > wit William and George Watt
      >
      > 24-10-1654, John Watt, one child of (burial Aberdeen)
      >
      > 12-6-1815, John Watt a dau Margaret
      > wit James Lawrence and Alexander Robertson
      >
      > 28-3-1820, John Watt a son William
      > wit George Milne and Freeman Henry
      >
      > Lybra Howie spouce to John Watt in Easter Glentoir, parish of Monkland
      9-8-1665 (marriages)

      > 25-10-1829, John Watt, Joiner in Peterhead a son Adam Gray.
      > wit Adam Gray and William Milne
      >
      > 12-1-1830, John Watt, Sawyer in Aberdeen a dau Margaret (illig)
      > wit John Hay and David Stephen
      >
      > Margaret Anderson relic of John Watt in Bridgend of Logiedurno 8-5-2746
      > (record of Aberdeen)
      >
      > 10-6-1832, William Watt, Merchant in Peterhead a dau Forbes
      > wit John Anderson and Keith Forbes
      >
      > William Watt, Shoemaker in Peterhead and Sarah Thom his wife a son John.
      > born 22-2-1847 bap 24-3-1847 before John Watt and George Milne
      >
      > John Watt sometime Wright in Dalkeith, afterwards in Edinburgh, last in
      Aberdeen 4-7-1798

      > 21-2-1765, William Watt in Wakemill of Strichen a son John
      >
      > 29-12-1817 Alexander Watt, Merchant in Peterhead a son Alexander
      > wit John Gray and John Cairns
      >
      > John Watt, Portioner of Easter Glentore parish of New Monkland 12-8-1670
      >
      > 10-8-1810 John Watt a dau Jane
      > wit James Lawrence and John May
      >
      > John Watt, Smith in Hill of Ardoche parish of Cardross 26-7-1619
      >
      > Alexander Watt, Carter in Peterhead a son John born 11-4-1841 bap
      18-4-1841
      > before East Church Congregation
      >
      > 12-4-1806 John Watt, Fisherman in Roanheads a son Andrew
      > wit James Watson and James Lawrence
      >
      > 5-3-1826 John Watt, Joiner in Peterhead a son Alexander
      > wit George and William Milne
      >
      > 18-9-1817 John Watt, Blacksmith in Peterhead ason Alexander
      > wit Alexander Muirson and William Innes
      >
      > William Watt, Merchant in Peterhead a dau Isabella
      > bap 13-2-1834 before John Anderson and Geroge Anderson
      >
      > John Watt in Hill of Clunie 30-8-1764
      >
      > 22-5-1652, John Watt, one child of (burial)
      >
      > George Watt, Cooper in Peterhead and Mary Souttar his wife a dau Elizabeth
      > born 25-5-1851 bap 3-7-1851 before John Robertson and William Watt
      >
      > Alexander Watt, Labourer in Roanheads a dau Elizabeth Gordon
      > born 22-6-1844 bap 30-6-1844
      > before Geroge McPherson and William Bruce
      >
      > John Watt, Joiner, Broad Street, a dau Helen Johnston
      > bap 20-71833 before George Cousins and Patrick Gordon
      >
      > John Watt of Little Forgue had sold his estate before 1696 to George
      Morison, the father of Theodore.

      > 11-10-1818 John Watt, Joiner in Peterhead a son John
      > wit Geroge Milne and Thomas Smith
      >
      > 23-11-1823 John Watt, Fisherman in Peterhead a son Alexander
      > wit John May and Robert Sellar
      >
      > 6-5-1810 John Watt a son William
      > wit Geroge Watt and Thomas Forrest
      >
      > Marjory Galloway relic of John Watt in Logie 4-1-1781 (marriages)
      >
      > 21-9-1828 John Watt, Fisherman in Peterhead a son William
      > wit John Lawrence and Alexander Watt
      >
      > John Watt in Haugh 13-4-1785 (marriages)
      >
      > 18-5-1751 Alexander Watt in Mains of Cairnbulg a son John
      >
      > 15-4-1801 John Watt, Weaver in Peterhead a son John
      > wit John Robertson and Alexander Simpson
      >
      > 1-10-1821 John Watt a son George
      > wit George Milne and Alexander Birny
      >
      > John Watt 8-12-1862 age 34 years (burial) Aberdeen
      >
      > John Watt, Portioner in Easter Glentore parish of New Monkland 12-8-1670
      (marriages)

      > John Watt, Smith in Hill of Ardoche parish of Cardross 26-7-1619
      (marriages)

      > John Watt in Hill of Clune 30-8-1764 (marriages)

      ancestors from Roanheads, Peterhead for some time. I can go back to the
      wedding of fisherman John Watt and Margaret Masson of Rathen on 14th March,
      1805. John was the brother of Alexander Watt, who married Margaret Philip
      of Cruden in 1803. (I haven't been able to get further than this with the
      Watt side.) Can anyone help?

      > I am interested in details of all Peterhead Watts and related families.
      My own Watts were at Roanheads throughout the 19th century and my
      grandfather, William Watt, was born there on 12/12/89, although the family
      later moved to Aberdeen.

      > I look forward to sharing info with the group.
      >
      > Hazel S.

      insurance company American family home owner insurance
      > Multi family home for sale Single family home for sale Family
      home finance

      Service.