1456Re: [Peterhead] Skene of Peterhead/Death Certificates

  • dmatt
    Aug 9, 2001
      Mary,

      >I have found great grandfather John Skene born 1854, died prior to his son
      John's birth on 24th September 1889. There is no record of his death at
      Aberdeen Registrar's and I have no idea where he could have died (he was a
      merchant Seaman, listed on the 1881 census as 'At St John's').

      Have you looked for a death at sea?. Perhaps if you can find his marine
      service record it might say where he died, perhaps at St John's or around
      Nova scotia.

      David