New neighbours.

  • Patrick DeVoe
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 11, 2009
      I have new neighbours and I belive they said there brother or friend has a Tarantula collection. I'll be meeting him soon and see what types of species he has.I'll mention this group and see if I can get him to start posting. I can't wait to see his collection.
      I have yet to meet anyone who collects Tarantulas so this will be exciting.
      New members are always welcome.
    • Bert
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 13, 2009
        --- In Pet_Tarantulas@yahoogroups.com, "Patrick DeVoe" <devoe2485@...> wrote:

        > I have new neighbours and I belive they said there brother or friend has a Tarantula collection. I'll be meeting him soon and see what types of species he has.I'll mention this group and see if I can get him to start posting. I can't wait to see his collection.
        > I have yet to meet anyone who collects Tarantulas so this will be exciting.
        > New members are always welcome.

        Absolutely Patrick - indeed, new members ARE ALWAYS welcome - with new members comes new knowledge, for everyone. I too am excited to hear what sort of Pets they may have. Whether they have 1 Rose hair, 700 tarantulas of various shapes and sizes or a mere interest in the Tarantula Keeping hobby, they are most welcome. Speaking for myself, I am continually learning about this fascinating hobby. Thanks for the post. Send them here:

        Bert Wright
        Fellow Tarantula Keeper/Enthusiast
      • Andrew Olson
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 13, 2009
          --- In Pet_Tarantulas@yahoogroups.com, "Patrick DeVoe" <devoe2485@...> wrote:

          > I have new neighbours and I belive they said there brother or friend has a Tarantula collection. I'll be meeting him soon and see what types of species he has.I'll mention this group and see if I can get him to start posting. I can't wait to see his collection.
          > I have yet to meet anyone who collects Tarantulas so this will be exciting.
          > New members are always welcome.

          right on! i have to say, having local hobbyists around made the hobby quite a bit more fun for me. and once you find a good amount of them you can start doing local breeding loans and stuff

          if anyone ever wants help makinng a local hobbyist forum i would be more than happy to erect and then hand over a forum, think of funny names (my local group is SCABIES: Southern California Arachnid, Bug, Invertebrate Entomological Society), and possibly even point a few ppl in the direction of the new forum. I also have lists of all known giant centipede and non-theraphosidae mygalomorphs for all 50 states that anyone is welcome to and love to do web research for other interesting local bugs :)
        • Patrick DeVoe
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 19, 2009
            --- In Pet_Tarantulas@yahoogroups.com, "Andrew Olson" <cacoseraph@...> wrote:

            > --- In Pet_Tarantulas@yahoogroups.com, "Patrick DeVoe" <devoe2485@> wrote:
            > >
            > > I have new neighbours and I belive they said there brother or friend has a Tarantula collection. I'll be meeting him soon and see what types of species he has.I'll mention this group and see if I can get him to start posting. I can't wait to see his collection.
            > > I have yet to meet anyone who collects Tarantulas so this will be exciting.
            > > New members are always welcome.
            > >

            > right on! i have to say, having local hobbyists around made the hobby quite a bit more fun for me. and once you find a good amount of them you can start doing local breeding loans and stuff
            >

            > if anyone ever wants help makinng a local hobbyist forum i would be more than happy to erect and then hand over a forum, think of funny names (my local group is SCABIES: Southern California Arachnid, Bug, Invertebrate Entomological Society), and possibly even point a few ppl in the direction of the new forum. I also have lists of all known giant centipede and non-theraphosidae mygalomorphs for all 50 states that anyone is welcome to and love to do web research for other interesting local bugs :)

            Ok I met the man, his name is Nick and he is the brother of my neighbour.I told him about this site and I think you may know him, he says he is on the arachnid boards. Not sure what his user name is but he says he has over 30 Tarantulas along with Scorpions and Roaches.
            He live about 20 mins away and said he would bring some of his collection over to my place and show me his favorites.
            Now get this, for quite sometime I have been looking for a Brazillion Black well he has 3 of them and is willing to part with the baby one. He said he is collection more old world species now.
            I may like the old world colors but not there attuides.
            When he comes and visits I'll have him post here. Also he says he wants to start a Carolina Tatantula Society! So finally I have met someone who is well advanced in this hobby and lives close by.
            I'll keep you posted,
            Patrick