Just checking in...

  • Patrick DeVoe
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 15, 2008
      No questions, Just wanted to say hello. My Tarantulas are fine.
      To explaine my last post, I was trying to say that people in general
      are uninformed to this hobby and for me to mention the fact that I
      have Tarantulas freaks them out. Never would I expose them to my pets,
      unless they ask, so with that said lets move on.
      The T's are hungry this time of year and so I must go and get them
      some food today. Crickets seem to be there favorite, So I'll get the
      large size. I also have the crikets dusted extra vitamins, not sure if
      they get anything out of it but sure it woun't hurt.
      Take care.
    • Elaine
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 15, 2008
        Hiya Patrick

        I totally know what you are saying about people's reaction to us
        keeping tarantula's. They either say "cool", "do they bite?", "omg,
        how can you have those in the house?", "I hope you got the venom
        removed" or other such nonsense lol. I have found that once they have
        seen my spiders they seem to be a wee bit more interested especially
        after I explain about the lack of potency in the venom lol. My parents
        are always checking my spiders where they come for a visit. My Dad
        actually sat for hours watching my little G. pulchra moulting. He was
        fascinated yet had always been an arachnophobe.

        I'm finding that my T's are eating a lot just now too. I've also had
        many moulting in the last few weeks. Its that time of year lol. My
        mature male Avic peru purple is out on breeding loan just now and
        there have been 2 eggsacs produced already. I'm rather excited since
        this will be a first for me. Will let you know how things go.

        Anyway, was good to hear from you. Glad all is going well.

        Elaine xx

        --- In Pet_Tarantulas@yahoogroups.com, "Patrick DeVoe" <devoe2485@...>
        wrote:

        > No questions, Just wanted to say hello. My Tarantulas are fine.
        > To explaine my last post, I was trying to say that people in general
        > are uninformed to this hobby and for me to mention the fact that I
        > have Tarantulas freaks them out. Never would I expose them to my
        pets,
        > unless they ask, so with that said lets move on.
        > The T's are hungry this time of year and so I must go and get them
        > some food today. Crickets seem to be there favorite, So I'll get the
        > large size. I also have the crikets dusted extra vitamins, not sure
        if
        > they get anything out of it but sure it woun't hurt.
        > Take care.

      • Patrick DeVoe
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 15, 2008
          Elaine, I'm always impressed with your collection!!!!
          I just looked and wow it is really cool.
          I need to update my photos,no new Tarantulas but they enjoy the
          spotlight! HAHA
          Take care,
          Patrick

          --- In Pet_Tarantulas@yahoogroups.com, "Elaine" <ElaiRs@...> wrote:

          > Hiya Patrick
          >
          > I totally know what you are saying about people's reaction to us
          > keeping tarantula's. They either say "cool", "do they
          bite?", "omg,
          > how can you have those in the house?", "I hope you got the venom
          > removed" or other such nonsense lol. I have found that once they
          have
          > seen my spiders they seem to be a wee bit more interested
          especially
          > after I explain about the lack of potency in the venom lol. My
          parents
          > are always checking my spiders where they come for a visit. My Dad
          > actually sat for hours watching my little G. pulchra moulting. He
          was
          > fascinated yet had always been an arachnophobe.
          >
          > I'm finding that my T's are eating a lot just now too. I've also
          had
          > many moulting in the last few weeks. Its that time of year lol. My
          > mature male Avic peru purple is out on breeding loan just now and
          > there have been 2 eggsacs produced already. I'm rather excited
          since
          > this will be a first for me. Will let you know how things go.
          >
          > Anyway, was good to hear from you. Glad all is going well.
          >
          > Elaine xx
          >

          > --- In Pet_Tarantulas@yahoogroups.com, "Patrick DeVoe"
          <devoe2485@>
          > wrote:
          > >
          > > No questions, Just wanted to say hello. My Tarantulas are fine.
          > > To explaine my last post, I was trying to say that people in
          general
          > > are uninformed to this hobby and for me to mention the fact that
          > > have Tarantulas freaks them out. Never would I expose them to my
          > pets,
          > > unless they ask, so with that said lets move on.
          > > The T's are hungry this time of year and so I must go and get
          them
          > > some food today. Crickets seem to be there favorite, So I'll get
          the
          > > large size. I also have the crikets dusted extra vitamins, not
          sure
          > if
          > > they get anything out of it but sure it woun't hurt.
          > > Take care.

        • Elaine
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 16, 2008
            Thanks Patrick :)

            I'm rather proud of my T's. I'm lucky that I have the time and space
            to care for so many. I have approx 80 at the moment although a lot of
            them are spiderlings and juvenile's. I do have a few pretty rare
            one's that I'm growing on for future breeding so will have a few
            rather exciting things happening in the future.

            I look forward to seeing pics of your gorgeous T's. I can never get
            enough :)