I.d. for tarantula needed

  • mikaelmull
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 23, 2004
      Can anyone send me a picture of a salmon pink black form and a red
      rump and a paraguay pink zebra beauty all males. Reason for this is
      i bought a tarantula under the name of paraguay zebra beauty but
      doesnt have zebra markings it had just molted and was brown with
      black mixed in now its jet black, was thought to be an h. minax but
      been proved wrong because scratching hairs off back, also its got
      pink hairs on back legs need help thanks michael.
    • Bert
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 11, 2005
        --- In Pet_Tarantulas@yahoogroups.com, "mikaelmull"
        <mikaelmull@y...> wrote:

        > Can anyone send me a picture of a salmon pink black form and a red
        > rump and a paraguay pink zebra beauty all males. Reason for this
        is
        > i bought a tarantula under the name of paraguay zebra beauty but
        > doesnt have zebra markings it had just molted and was brown with
        > black mixed in now its jet black, was thought to be an h. minax
        but
        > been proved wrong because scratching hairs off back, also its got
        > pink hairs on back legs need help thanks michael.

        It would take a while to FIND the pictures that you are most likely
        looking for, but if you're looking at a possible Eupalaestrus
        campestratus, it seems that you could discern rather quickly whether
        or not it is or is NOT a pink zebra beauty. I will say that my huge
        male B. Vagans has a vivid BLACK appearance everywhere except his
        opisthosoma which is Dark Red, nonetheless RED. For the Brazilian
        Salmon Pink, if this is a male, I would surmise that it would be
        HUGE if it were a BSP (Lasiodora parahybana) and that too could be
        eliminated. But, again, for the Pink Zebra Beauty (I have three)you
        can almost look at demeanor ONLY and tell this super-docile species -
        yes they CAN move at feeding time and CAN BE really quick, but
        typically they are NOT and they tend to pull their legs in and just
        sit there - they will practically allow you to push them over with
        their legs still pulled in and all - I love the Pink Zebra Beauty
        tarantulas as I am fond of the better-known 'Pet' species. Good
        luck on ID-ing your tarantula. Also, the Pink Zebra Beauty is very
        close in appearance to the A. seemani but obviously lacks the
        quickness and the zebra stripes are much more vivid and distinct
        with the Aphonopelma seemani (also, underneath, the Pink Zebra
        Beauty is more orange colored compared to the A. seemani which is
        more yellow or ochre colored - is this confounding the situation?
        O.K., I'll leave it at that).

        Bert Wright
        Fellow Tarantula Keeper/Enthusiast