hi all newbie here/Geri

  • Geri
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 30, 2007
      Hi Everyone! I am Geri a 56 year old wife and Grama from Windsor Ont. I
      just bought my first T two weeks ago, a Chilean Rose Hair. I love her
      she is soooo beautiful and graceful. I named her "CillyRose". Should
      have called her Miss Piggy as she sure can gobble up the crickets. She
      keeps her hut so tidy. Pretty sad when the T is a better housekeeper
      then me LOL.
      I am waiting now for a PinkToe to arrive at the pet store, to add to my
      small collection. Of course they will be in seperate tanks, close to
      where I sit so I can watch them. It's comical the way some people react
      when you tell them you have a T. Also works well for some who you wish
      would never visit...LOL
      Looking forward to getting to know everyone! Have a great weekend! Geri
    • Elaine
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 1, 2007
        Hi Geri and a big welcome to the group :0)

        I'm pretty new here too but have shared my life with T's for a while
        now and have 47 here at the moment. I'm going to start breeding in
        the future so making plans for that.

        Congratulations on your first T. It wont be long before you have more
        as its rather an addicting hobby lol.

        The Pink toe - A. avicularia - is a gorgeous and generally docile T.
        They love to climb and web so a tall tank with cork bark and silk
        plants for it to climb and web on will suit. They need high humidity
        around 80% and temps around 75 degrees.

        I look forward to hearing more from you about your new babies.

        Elaine x