Badges Are Here!!!!!!!/ June Meeting

    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 5, 2006
      Badges ARE HERE! Shall I mail them to ya or just want to wait until
      the next meeting in 2 weeks? They all look good and come with the
      magnetic badge holders as well.

      Church is excited about us having the display up. I assume we shall
      meet regular time at the church and get ourselves set up. I'm
      waiting on some BL orders, and dunno if they'll all get here in time
      for the rest of the farm, so we may end up having a nice little
      forest around the farm. (that'll make it harder for wal-mart to take
      over.) In fact I've been thinking of adding some little "No Wal-
      Mart" signs and the farmer fending off some backhoes and stuff.

      The display on Sunday the 18th is Fathers Day, so remember to bug
      your wives for more lego. Anyone given thought to a common color
      shirt to wear until we get some shirts made? I will be at the
      church very early (7 am) to do any final setting and because I have
      to play during first service. (8:20) Second service and the one
      with the most kids is at 10:10AM. Services are about an hour long
      with about an hour in between for adult sunday school classes and
      stuff. So probably people won't be out until close to noon. Anyone
      who can't stay that long can leave thier tables and stuff with me
      and I'll take care to pack it up for you.

      There are some restaurants close by for either take out or eat in
      maybe during one of the services. I have several extension cords
      but if anyone having an electric set up could bring one or two that
      would help just in case. i'm getting some thumbtacks for now to
      hold some skirting up I have available.

      When Cale and I had the open house about a year ago,,,we had a very
      small turnout. Seems many people had thw wrong date in mind. I'll
      be making announcements at church and maybe putting a press release
      in the local paper as well,,,if all are agreeable.

      Viva Les Brique!
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 5, 2006

        > Badges ARE HERE! Shall I mail them to ya or just want to wait until
        > the next meeting in 2 weeks? They all look good and come with the
        > magnetic badge holders as well.

        No need to send mine. I can wait.

        > Church is excited about us having the display up. I assume we shall
        > meet regular time at the church and get ourselves set up.

        10:00 Right? That works for me.

        I'm
        > waiting on some BL orders, and dunno if they'll all get here in time
        > for the rest of the farm, so we may end up having a nice little
        > forest around the farm. (that'll make it harder for wal-mart to take
        > over.) In fact I've been thinking of adding some little "No Wal-
        > Mart" signs and the farmer fending off some backhoes and stuff.

        Thats an awsome idea.

        > The display on Sunday the 18th is Fathers Day, so remember to bug
        > your wives for more lego. Anyone given thought to a common color
        > shirt to wear until we get some shirts made? I will be at the
        > church very early (7 am) to do any final setting and because I have
        > to play during first service. (8:20) Second service and the one
        > with the most kids is at 10:10AM. Services are about an hour long
        > with about an hour in between for adult sunday school classes and
        > stuff. So probably people won't be out until close to noon. Anyone
        > who can't stay that long can leave thier tables and stuff with me
        > and I'll take care to pack it up for you.
        >
        > There are some restaurants close by for either take out or eat in
        > maybe during one of the services. I have several extension cords
        > but if anyone having an electric set up could bring one or two that
        > would help just in case. i'm getting some thumbtacks for now to
        > hold some skirting up I have available.
        >
        > When Cale and I had the open house about a year ago,,,we had a very
        > small turnout. Seems many people had thw wrong date in mind. I'll
        > be making announcements at church and maybe putting a press release
        > in the local paper as well,,,if all are agreeable.
        >
        > Viva Les Brique!

      • Chris Forbes-Nicotera
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 6, 2006
          i'd say to hold on to them for now, unless someone can't make the
          meeting. also, could someone get me directions to the church? and mike
          i don't mind the cats, so if you're offer still stands, i'll take it:)
          less gas $ = more lego $
          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 6, 2006
            Yes, 10 am should work.

            Cale I love the skirting idea! It may be really trick to have cloth,
            but it has to be ironed and cared for. tablecloth plastic? rip it up
            and chuck it! I love it,,more wasteful american stuff! In fact I will
            beout tonight for my wifes birthday and near party city I think. I'll
            look for some blue or yellow material.

            Anyone notice the stand that holds their club banner in that picture?
            Ultra Cool. You could make sections and adjust it in varying lengths
            depending on the venue! yes you could use that new spray paint
            formulated for plastic by Krylon too, but having used the stuff on my
            potato cannon,,,experience has shown it comes off rather easily. Sorry
            Krylon, but it sucks.
            Message 5 of 6 , Jun 6, 2006
              --- In Pennlug@yahoogroups.com, "Chris Forbes-Nicotera"
              <legolover530@...> wrote:

              > i'd say to hold on to them for now, unless someone can't make the
              > meeting. also, could someone get me directions to the church? and
              mike
              > i don't mind the cats, so if you're offer still stands, i'll take
              it:)
              > less gas $ = more lego $

              Chris,
              the offer still stands. The cats said they'll make concessions to
              allow your visit.

              The address for the church is

              West Green Tree Church of the Bretheren
              740 Green Tree Rd
              Elizabethtown, PA 17022

              Mapquest might be better for you. The church is only maybe 3 miles
              off the rt 283 exit for Elizabethtown/Rheems exit, and 10 minutes
              max from my place.

              Message 6 of 6 , Jun 6, 2006
                I myself can hold out till the next meeting. As for common color
                shirts, how about good ol' red just like the Lego logo? Also, the
                wal-mart idea's cool and I doubt anyone else there will have anything
                like it. lol