First open house notes

    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 20, 2005
      Well,,,,WE DID IT!

      We manage to pull off our first open house without too much
      incident. We learned that double sided sticky tape WILL NOT hold up
      the table skirting. We also learned that LEGO makes trains!
      (chuckle chuckle)

      We had about 30-40 people come out, (i learned later it would have
      been a lot more had it not been for kids soccer tournaments that
      weekend as well) In fact, I was asked to do it again,,and soon!
      There was much intrest from those who were unable to attend! I was
      asked to leave Solomons Temple up for the next days Sunday School
      children so I did. After first service there was much oohing and
      ahhing ( and a lot of "is it all LEGO?" and "what set is that?" )
      When they asked about the open house and I explained that the whole
      room was full there were a lot of dissapointed faces because they
      couldn't be there.

      We handed out 8 LEGO set door prizes to 8 very happy kids, one of
      which couldn't wait and started building his on the floor!

      We had two potential members sign up, So that was great! and
      recieved many compliments from the public

      Thank you's go out to my wife, who did some last minute wrangling of
      food and drinks, and spent an entire afternoon ironing all the table
      skirting. And to Cale for bringing his massive castle set up and
      train set.

      I took pictures, hope to have them up by the end of the week.

      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 21, 2005
        I've posted pictures from Saturday on BrickShelf.

        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 22, 2005
          --- In Pennlug@yahoogroups.com, "Cale Leiphart" <epaec@n...> wrote:

          > I've posted pictures from Saturday on BrickShelf.
          >
          > http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=154937
          >
          > Cale

          Wow Cale, nice pictures! mind if I add a link to them for an update on
          LEGOfan and LUGNET?

          btw, you've just made yourself official club photographer,,fantastic
          photo taking!

          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 22, 2005
            <longhairedredneck220@y...> wrote:

            > --- In Pennlug@yahoogroups.com, "Cale Leiphart" <epaec@n...> wrote:
            > >
            > > I've posted pictures from Saturday on BrickShelf.
            > >
            > > http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=154937
            > >
            > > Cale
            >

            > Wow Cale, nice pictures! mind if I add a link to them for an update on
            > LEGOfan and LUGNET?

            Sure Go ahead

            > btw, you've just made yourself official club photographer,,fantastic
            > photo taking!

            Wow!! We're handing out oficial titles already. But I thought I was
            Master Evil Engineer. Can I be Master Evil Photographer?

            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 22, 2005

              > > btw, you've just made yourself official club
              photographer,,fantastic
              > > photo taking!
              > >

              > Wow!! We're handing out oficial titles already. But I thought I was
              > Master Evil Engineer. Can I be Master Evil Photographer?
              >
              > Cale

              You can be master evil photographer if you want,,lol