Re: Badges/shirts/meetings

    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 30, 2006
      > That sounds like a good idea, a nice way to prep for setting up at
      > the show. I think we should notify newspapers/news shows ahead of
      > time about the event as bait to lure in other AFOLs around PA.
      > Around 2 or 3 weeks ago, I e-mailed the Patriot News and Lebanon
      > Daily News and told them about PennLUG, what we're about, and gave
      > info on the NMRA show. Heck, I even gave them links our site,
      > lugnet, and pics from last year's NMRA show. I gave them your
      > contact information too, but I guess they never bothered as I have
      > yet to hear from them...jerks. I guess stories about who was
      > murdered last night in Harrisburg are more interesting than
      > Lego...even though they happen practically EVERY DAY there.

      I sent a press release to the Advertiser, any additonal addresses to
      other papers would be good as well for that. There was a guy from
      the paper down in DC doing interviews. He had interviewed mt and
      several others. My relatives said there was never anything in the
      paper!

      It would be cool to get WGAL there or FOX,,hey maybe HBO will want
      to do a mini series on us,,then Speilberg will do a feature on
      us,Then George Lucas can do some big collosal thing with lots of
      merchandising. Think of it, the Mike Gibney action figure-Now with
      coffee drinking action. The most bizarre thing will be it will
      boost LEGO %500 and we'll have to have Mego bloks make the licensed
      sets