Open house starters

    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 25 8:14 AM
      Any ideas on things for the open house? I have some I'll list
      here. Any input on them or addtional
      ideas are more than welcome.

      History Table- I thought of a timeline showing some of TLC
      history. I was able to print out and put together a nice timeline
      of their website
      for the 50th anniversary system of play. maybe
      boxes/catalogs/pictures etc. I have a good bit of catalogs and
      such. Some real wooden LEGO toys would be great, but I'd want
      armed guards around them! lol

      Various theme tables- This should be self
      explanatory,,,castle,
      space, mosaic etc kinda stuff. I realize we are deffinately lacking
      in the amount of items to display compared to something like
      brickfest. I have some sculptures/mosiac stuff. It's not exactly a
      mosiac, it's not exactly a sculpture , they're "sculpsaics"

      Club info Table- basically a place for those interested to place
      thier name and contact info on a sheet. I have a cool lifesize
      stoplight i made. | thought put a light in it with a sign thats
      say's "stop here to join us" or something

      Door prizes- I have some unopened sets I can donate to use as door
      prizes. I guess simple slips of paper with name on it should
      suffice.

      Brickfest Video- There is a 54" TV in the meeting hall. They have
      a VCR, but not a DVD player. My DVD player is kinda tied into a
      mass of wires to my tv/vcr/cable disaster. Anyone have a DVD player
      we could use? I thought the Brickfest video would be cool to be
      playing to show some of the things that are done with LEGO we are
      unable to show ourselves. It could just be left on the elevated
      platform where it is, playing during the event.

      Town display?- If we are going to do a town display of some sort we
      should start planningout the town a bit and figuring out what we
      have and where it goes.

      My brain is empty ,,anyone else?

      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 27 5:43 PM
        <longhairedredneck220@y...> wrote:
        > Any ideas on things for the open house? I have some I'll list
        > here. Any input on them or addtional
        > ideas are more than welcome.

        How about a Clasic Castle City display.

        http://www.classic-castle.com/ccc/cccstandard.html

        I have my garden witch is 3CS wall compatible. I could put together a
        few more wall sections and some buildings and do a small street scene.
        It wouldn't be a full size village, but it would demonstate what can
        be done. And because the Clasic Castle City Standard is desinged for
        group displays anyone else who wants to contribute can.

        > Town display?- If we are going to do a town display of some sort
        we
        > should start planningout the town a bit and figuring out what we
        > have and where it goes.

        This weekend I should have some time to work on a track plan. I'll
        work out some different options and we can decide what would work
        best.

        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 27 7:10 PM
          --- In Pennlug@yahoogroups.com, "Cale Leiphart" <epaec@n...> wrote:
          > <longhairedredneck220@y...> wrote:
          > > Any ideas on things for the open house? I have some I'll list
          > > here. Any input on them or addtional
          > > ideas are more than welcome.
          > >

          > How about a Clasic Castle City display.
          >
          > http://www.classic-castle.com/ccc/cccstandard.html
          >
          > I have my garden witch is 3CS wall compatible. I could put
          together a
          > few more wall sections and some buildings and do a small street
          scene.
          > It wouldn't be a full size village, but it would demonstate what
          can
          > be done. And because the Clasic Castle City Standard is desinged
          for
          > group displays anyone else who wants to contribute can.
          >
          > > Town display?- If we are going to do a town display of some sort
          > we
          > > should start planningout the town a bit and figuring out what we
          > > have and where it goes.
          >
          > This weekend I should have some time to work on a track plan.
          I'll
          > work out some different options and we can decide what would work
          > best.
          >
          > Cale

          A castle display would be cool, Do you have a gate? If not I could
          maybe come up with something. Since It would probably not be very
          big I can make maybe two wall sections that are incomplete, like
          they are under construction. Put some figs working on it and
          Voila,,it leaves how big it is to be up to thier imagination. It
          would look better than just stopping abruptly too.

          I'll keep plugging away at it and see what I come up with.

          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 28 4:16 PM
            <longhairedredneck220@y...> wrote:

            > A castle display would be cool, Do you have a gate? If not I could
            > maybe come up with something. Since It would probably not be very
            > big I can make maybe two wall sections that are incomplete, like
            > they are under construction. Put some figs working on it and
            > Voila,,it leaves how big it is to be up to thier imagination. It
            > would look better than just stopping abruptly too.

            The wall ends sound like an excelent idea. The wall running through
            my garden includes a gate and tower. However with the flexibility of
            the CCC standard more could easily be worked in.

            Message 5 of 6 , Sep 29 1:17 PM
              Are your walls 6 wide and 8 1/3 high?

              Message 6 of 6 , Sep 30 5:03 PM
                <longhairedredneck220@y...> wrote:
                > Are your walls 6 wide and 8 1/3 high?

                My garden walls are 8 wide and around 16 high, but the end are
                desinged to mate up with a standard sized CCC wall. So as long as any
                ajoining wall is 6 x 8 1/3 they should conect just fine.