Introduction

  • crowsong0258
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 21, 2005
      Hello. My name is Jean, and I'm definitely addicted to LEGO. I've
      collected since I was five years old, though the bulk of my LEGO
      was "lost" during an overseas move. Pity, I had the space systems
      from their very beginning. I'm into Harry Potter and the new castle
      system, as well as the inventors' kits. Like Mike, I think I'd be
      extremely interested in trains and Mindstorm if I could afford to be.
      lol.

      I work for a nonprofit service dog training agency and my dream is to
      create detailed models of several of our dogs in full dress and put
      them on display. I'd take donation of both cash and bricks during the
      display to continue the process of recreating the dogs (on site), and
      all funds would go to the agency. My idea of a fun fundraiser!
      Unfortunately I'd be further ahead in my goals if I weren't such a
      snob and used fake bricks as well as LEGO bricks, but in my mind
      that's cheating.

      Take care.
      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 23, 2005
        Hello Jean,

        Glad you found us! Where are you located? I hope to start bringing
        AFOL's in the area together once a month or so to do some of the things
        other clubs do, and possibly get together before Brickfest, snap a
        picture, and represent ourselves when I go this year again. If there
        is an award this year for smallest LUG, we might win! lol

        Mike G
        PennLUG
      • Jean
        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 27, 2005
          Hi Mike,

          I'm in Bethlehem and unfortunately not very mobile just now (wheelchair, no car), but I hope to get around better soon!  Getting together with some AFOL's sounds like great fun.

          Take care,
          Jean

          longhairedredneck220 <longhairedredneck220@...> wrote:

          Hello Jean,

          Glad you found us!  Where are you located?  I hope to start bringing
          AFOL's in the area together once a month or so to do some of the things
          other clubs do, and possibly get together before Brickfest, snap a
          picture, and represent ourselves when I go this year again.  If there
          is an award this year for smallest LUG, we might win!  lol

          Mike G
          PennLUG

          http://mail.yahoo.com

        • f12hte
          Message 4 of 9 , Jul 14 1:59 PM
            Hi, I'm Mike, I am 18 years old. I started playing with Legos whenever I was 8 years old. Now I am 18 and I still play with Legos.Building with Legos is my favorite thing to do. I have built many challenging sets, as well as built some models on our own. I have built the huge Lego Effiel Tower and Taj Mahal sets as well as a huge cathedral on my own. My dad and I are now building a huge model of the Roman Panthion out of Legos. We hoped to have our model on display at this years Brick Fair. Can any one tell me how to go about this, please?
            In addition to building Lego sets, I also sort out Lego sets from miscellaneous boxes of Legos. We get these miscellaneous boxes of Legos from yard sales, Ebay and other places that sell used things. Once we get them, we use the Lego Website www.peeron.com to print down inventory lists and then I sort out the sets. I know a whole lot about Legos. If you give me almost any set number, I will know the name of the set, approximately how many pieces are in the set, the approximate year the set was released, how much it originally cost and how much it sells for on Ebay! Also, I sell some of my Lego sets on Ebay after I am done building and playing with them.
            I live in Leymone, PA, in the Harrisburg area. Do you know if you ever have any club meetings in Camp Hill, Mechanicsburg, Harrisburg, New Cumberland or somewhere in that area? What do you do at your meetings? When are your meetings? I would like to know this information. I may be interested in attending one of your meetings in the near future. Besides your meetings, what other functions do you have?
            By the way, I was Enfield at the Lego Design Headquarters too. I really enjoyed my time there, in fact, it was probably my favorite vacation of all time! I got to meet Francie Berger, Dan, Steve and several of the other workers. They gave me some of their extra parts too! In fact, I was an honored guest there.
            As I said earlier, I am also going to and looking forward to this year's Brick Fair. I wonder if I'll see you there?
            Well, I'm looking forward to your reply. I hope to see and/or hear from you real soon!

            Mike
          • weasel474747
            Message 5 of 9 , Jul 14 3:03 PM
              Mike-

              Nice to meet you! Do you have pictures of your creations online?
              If you want to bring something to BrickFair, the first step is to go to http://www.brickfair.com/, sign up (there's a Sign Up link below the logo), and then register as an attendee. Once you are registered yourself, you can register any creations (called MOCs for "My Own Creations") that you want to bring with you. If it's a large one, be sure to put in the right dimensions! You also have to pay $50 to complete your registration. There are details about all of that on the site.

              -Chris

              --- In Pennlug@yahoogroups.com, "f12hte" <f12hte@...> wrote:

              > Hi, I'm Mike, I am 18 years old. I started playing with Legos whenever I was 8 years old. Now I am 18 and I still play with Legos.Building with Legos is my favorite thing to do. I have built many challenging sets, as well as built some models on our own. I have built the huge Lego Effiel Tower and Taj Mahal sets as well as a huge cathedral on my own. My dad and I are now building a huge model of the Roman Panthion out of Legos. We hoped to have our model on display at this years Brick Fair. Can any one tell me how to go about this, please?
              > In addition to building Lego sets, I also sort out Lego sets from miscellaneous boxes of Legos. We get these miscellaneous boxes of Legos from yard sales, Ebay and other places that sell used things. Once we get them, we use the Lego Website www.peeron.com to print down inventory lists and then I sort out the sets. I know a whole lot about Legos. If you give me almost any set number, I will know the name of the set, approximately how many pieces are in the set, the approximate year the set was released, how much it originally cost and how much it sells for on Ebay! Also, I sell some of my Lego sets on Ebay after I am done building and playing with them.
              > I live in Leymone, PA, in the Harrisburg area. Do you know if you ever have any club meetings in Camp Hill, Mechanicsburg, Harrisburg, New Cumberland or somewhere in that area? What do you do at your meetings? When are your meetings? I would like to know this information. I may be interested in attending one of your meetings in the near future. Besides your meetings, what other functions do you have?
              > By the way, I was Enfield at the Lego Design Headquarters too. I really enjoyed my time there, in fact, it was probably my favorite vacation of all time! I got to meet Francie Berger, Dan, Steve and several of the other workers. They gave me some of their extra parts too! In fact, I was an honored guest there.
              > As I said earlier, I am also going to and looking forward to this year's Brick Fair. I wonder if I'll see you there?
              > Well, I'm looking forward to your reply. I hope to see and/or hear from you real soon!
              >
              > Mike

            • VZE2DPYQ
              Message 6 of 9 , Jul 15 7:34 PM
                Hi Mike,

                Great to hear from you.  Our meetings are always fun.  We talk about a lot of things, mostly LEGO.

                I'd like to see your cathedral.  I want to build a church.  How far along are you with the Pantheon?  I'd love to see that too.  Sometimes its interesting to see something coming together in stages.  Cale has a train station he's building.  He brought it to a meeting partially built and we could see more of the interior details of construction.  Its going to be very impressive when its done.

                We usually rotate around where we have our meetings.  We're having a meeting this Saturday in Allentown.  You're welcome to join us, your father too.

                I live in Camp Hill and am looking for people to car-poole with.  I can seat up to 7 people but it would cozy for the 3 people in the middle seat.  If there are only 5 going from here I can also fit lots of goodies for "show and tell".  With 6 or 7 people I'll have to re-install the middle seat but that would still leave room for stuff behind the 3rd seat - just not as much room.  So far I have 2 to 4 people, including me.  Its about 1:40 drive to Joel's house from mine.  I'd like to leave a little after 9:00 am and maybe stop at a BK for a breakfast sandwich.

                Michael Tighe

                "There is no such thing as too much LEGO."

                Message 7 of 9 , Oct 8, 2009
                  Hi. I've been on the mail list for a few months now, so I figure it's time I introduced myself. I'm Rob and I live in Philadelphia. I loved LEGO as a kid and now that I have a home with the space, I got my collection out of storage and rediscovered my hobby.

                  My LEGO related photography (my own creations and stuff I've seen) are up on Flickr:

                  http://www.flickr.com/photos/rgb/collections/72157619692379991/

                  I'll try to photo and upload some more of my buildings soon.

                  The next meeting is this weekend in Havertown, right? How close is it to a SEPTA stop? I'd like to finally get out to one of the meetings. Look forward to seeing everyone.

                  - Rob
                • automechanic
                  Message 8 of 9 , Oct 8, 2009
                    welcome and thanks for the intro. hope to see you at the meeting. once you start coming you will get hooked. dont know about the location of a septa stop but if you send me your addy i will see where your at. if its not too far out of the way i can give you a ride. then you could bring stuff to show off. hope tp see ypu saturday.

                    rgbender wrote:

                    > Hi. I've been on the mail list for a few months now, so I figure it's time I introduced myself. I'm Rob and I live in Philadelphia. I loved LEGO as a kid and now that I have a home with the space, I got my collection out of storage and rediscovered my hobby.
                    > My LEGO related photography (my own creations and stuff I've seen) are up on Flickr:
                    > http://www.flickr com/photos/ rgb/collections/ 7215761969237999 1/
                    > I'll try to photo and upload some more of my buildings soon.
                    > The next meeting is this weekend in Havertown, right? How close is it to a SEPTA stop? I'd like to finally get out to one of the meetings. Look forward to seeing everyone..
                    > - Rob

                  • jpark4evr
                    Message 9 of 9 , Oct 10, 2009
                      Hi, and welcome to the group. You have a good start there with some of those buildings and vigs. I look forward to seeing what you continue to churn out.

                      Matt