Re: Working Together with DelVaLUG

    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 21, 2005
      Carzy? no ,,,,,,,,,,,,Envied? yes! I had no idea that meeting was
      this Sunday. I was thinking of going as well. Thanks for going and
      representing us!

      So what exactly is a Consumerfest anyway?

      Hanging out and getting to know some more AFOLs and see ign how they
      run things would be great! I'm already seeing if I can make plans
      to go.

      Mike

      --- In Pennlug@yahoogroups.com, "Cale Leiphart" <epaec@n...> wrote:
      > So I'm sitting around on Sunday with nothing to do and see that
      that
      > DelVaLUG (Delaware Valley Lego Users Group) is having a meeting at
      the
      > King of Prussia Mall. I think, Hey Why not drive an hour and a
      half to
      > go hang out with some fellow Lego fans. Sounds crazy huh? So I did.
      > Besides meeting some cool people, I came away with an opportunity
      for
      > our two groups to work together.
      >
      > DelVaLUG is planing displays for some upcoming shows and would
      like
      > to know if PennLUG wants to get involved. Tis could be a good
      > opportunity for us gain some attention possibly atract some new
      > members. Its also a chance to learn how a more established club
      > operates.
      >
      > The first event is the Consumer Fest 2005 at the Fort Washington
      Expo
      (http://www.fortwashingtonexpo.com/directions/directions.html),

      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 22, 2005
        <longhairedredneck220@y...> wrote:
        > Carzy? no ,,,,,,,,,,,,Envied? yes! I had no idea that meeting was
        > this Sunday. I was thinking of going as well. Thanks for going
        and
        > representing us!

        Jim Foulds had posted a note on LUGNET last week and I just happened
        to be free that day.

        > So what exactly is a Consumerfest anyway?
        I'm not sure. DelVaLUG displayed there last year when it was called
        the Tech Expo. The're planing on having 2 to 3 train loops with other
        Mocs in the center from various themes.

        > Hanging out and getting to know some more AFOLs and see ign how
        they
        > run things would be great! I'm already seeing if I can make plans
        > to go.
        I cant make it down that Saturday but I think I can on Sunday.

        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 23, 2005
          I'm already seeing if I can make plans
          > > to go.
          > I cant make it down that Saturday but I think I can on Sunday.
          >
          > Cale

          Maybe we can run down together and split the cost. At todays rising
          gas prices I figure it to be somewhere around $200 a piece for a tank
          of gas,,lol
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 27, 2005
            <longhairedredneck220@y...> wrote:

            > Maybe we can run down together and split the cost.

            We can do that.

            At todays rising
            > gas prices I figure it to be somewhere around $200 a piece for a
            tank
            > of gas,,lol

            200 daollars!! For my car that works out to almost $13 for a gallon of
            gas. If prices go that high I'm buying a horse and buggy.