Re: Sean Kenney Gortons Fisherman

    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 6, 2006
      --- In Pennlug@yahoogroups.com, "longhairedredneck220" <longhairedredneck220@...>
      wrote:

      > Went Sunday to the E-town Giant to see the Sculpture Sean Kenney did.
      > The Sculpture was pretty cool and got a little "lego-like" gortons
      > fisherman to boot. Matt was there as well,,got his pic taken with the
      > sculpture! It amazed me that the people running the promotion had
      > really no idea about Sean or anything lego really. They had a lot of
      > questions. I gave them all some of the info sheets and directed them
      > to where they could find out more about Sean and LEGO in general.
      >
      > Took some pics,,hope to have them up soon.
      >
      > Mike

      yeah, if I get a chance, I'll scan my pic (in the Gorton's frame!) and post it on brickshelf or
      something.

      I got ripped off. I got home and opened my little Gorton's fisherman toy to find that he
      was missing an arm. Just my luck. :P
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 7, 2006
        --- In Pennlug@yahoogroups.com, "Matthew Hocker" <jpark203@...>
        wrote:

        > They gave a free toy?! Bah, the way you said it, the figures
        > must've been from clone bricks anyway. Well, I went to the
        Hershey
        > outlets to go to Toy Liquidators and found out that it no longer
        > exists. Then I went to KB in the Lebanon Valley Mall, and they
        had
        > a piss poor selection. They did have 4 sets of the Coast Guard HQ
        > for about $30.00, which isn't too bad I guess. I think it was a
        > $50.00 set, but I didn't bother picking any up since I never
        really
        > cared for it in the first place. Then I went to Wal-Mart and
        found
        > nothing good there. I think I'll stick w/ the internet...
        >
        > Matthew

        I think we have been witnesses to the glory days for collectors and
        those days have ended. I don't think we'll see the surplus like we
        did a while back. unless of course they give Galidor another try..lol

        The strange part is after all the AFOLs told Kjeld at Brickfest I
        would have thought I would see more variety at the stores. Everyone
        said put some train stuff/belleville/ etc in the stores and we WILL
        buy it. But wal-mart doesn't put lego on the shelves that sells.
        oh well.

        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 7, 2006

          > I think we have been witnesses to the glory days for collectors
          and
          > those days have ended. I don't think we'll see the surplus like
          we
          > did a while back. unless of course they give Galidor another
          try..lol

          > The strange part is after all the AFOLs told Kjeld at Brickfest I
          > would have thought I would see more variety at the stores.
          Everyone
          > said put some train stuff/belleville/ etc in the stores and we
          WILL
          > buy it. But wal-mart doesn't put lego on the shelves that sells.
          > oh well.
          >
          > Mike

          Of course they don't. Then they'd have to restock all the time.