Sean Kenney Gortons Fisherman

    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 6, 2006
      Went Sunday to the E-town Giant to see the Sculpture Sean Kenney did.
      The Sculpture was pretty cool and got a little "lego-like" gortons
      fisherman to boot. Matt was there as well,,got his pic taken with the
      sculpture! It amazed me that the people running the promotion had
      really no idea about Sean or anything lego really. They had a lot of
      questions. I gave them all some of the info sheets and directed them
      to where they could find out more about Sean and LEGO in general.

      Took some pics,,hope to have them up soon.

      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 6, 2006
        --- In Pennlug@yahoogroups.com, "longhairedredneck220" <longhairedredneck220@...>
        wrote:

        > Went Sunday to the E-town Giant to see the Sculpture Sean Kenney did.
        > The Sculpture was pretty cool and got a little "lego-like" gortons
        > fisherman to boot. Matt was there as well,,got his pic taken with the
        > sculpture! It amazed me that the people running the promotion had
        > really no idea about Sean or anything lego really. They had a lot of
        > questions. I gave them all some of the info sheets and directed them
        > to where they could find out more about Sean and LEGO in general.
        >
        > Took some pics,,hope to have them up soon.
        >
        > Mike

        yeah, if I get a chance, I'll scan my pic (in the Gorton's frame!) and post it on brickshelf or
        something.

        I got ripped off. I got home and opened my little Gorton's fisherman toy to find that he
        was missing an arm. Just my luck. :P
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 7, 2006
          --- In Pennlug@yahoogroups.com, "Matthew Hocker" <jpark203@...>
          wrote:

          > They gave a free toy?! Bah, the way you said it, the figures
          > must've been from clone bricks anyway. Well, I went to the
          Hershey
          > outlets to go to Toy Liquidators and found out that it no longer
          > exists. Then I went to KB in the Lebanon Valley Mall, and they
          had
          > a piss poor selection. They did have 4 sets of the Coast Guard HQ
          > for about $30.00, which isn't too bad I guess. I think it was a
          > $50.00 set, but I didn't bother picking any up since I never
          really
          > cared for it in the first place. Then I went to Wal-Mart and
          found
          > nothing good there. I think I'll stick w/ the internet...
          >
          > Matthew

          I think we have been witnesses to the glory days for collectors and
          those days have ended. I don't think we'll see the surplus like we
          did a while back. unless of course they give Galidor another try..lol

          The strange part is after all the AFOLs told Kjeld at Brickfest I
          would have thought I would see more variety at the stores. Everyone
          said put some train stuff/belleville/ etc in the stores and we WILL
          buy it. But wal-mart doesn't put lego on the shelves that sells.
          oh well.

          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 7, 2006

            > I think we have been witnesses to the glory days for collectors
            and
            > those days have ended. I don't think we'll see the surplus like
            we
            > did a while back. unless of course they give Galidor another
            try..lol

            > The strange part is after all the AFOLs told Kjeld at Brickfest I
            > would have thought I would see more variety at the stores.
            Everyone
            > said put some train stuff/belleville/ etc in the stores and we
            WILL
            > buy it. But wal-mart doesn't put lego on the shelves that sells.
            > oh well.
            >
            > Mike

            Of course they don't. Then they'd have to restock all the time.