Shaking my head in disbelief at corporate America

    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 2, 2006
      So I called Gortons to see if they minded if we set up a table
      somewhere in the store. to paraprase the conversation-
      NE-- My name is,,,explained pennlug, basic intro

      THEM-- What is a lego user group?

      ME --We don't want to try an upstage you or anything its just that
      its made of lego and we're a lego club.

      THEM-- No those figures are not lego,,they are lego like.

      ME-- Umm no I don't think Sean Kenney would make sculptuures out of
      mega blocks or anything else and I'm talking about the sculptures,
      not the little give aways

      THEM-- Oh, do you know mister kenney?

      ME (thinking if I did I would rob his house blind of all those
      bricks) No ma'am,,but we know who he is and well aware of what he
      creates,,look we just wanted to know if you minded us being in the
      store when the sculpture was there since we are a lego club

      THEM-- We are not looking for a cross promotion at this time,,yadda
      yadda and we didnt even extend an invite to mr Kenney yadda yadda

      ME--I AM NOT LOOKING FOR A CROSS PROMOTION OF ANYTHING ELSE,,DO YOU
      CARE IF WE ARE IN THE STORE???????????????

      THEM-- we are nt prepared for any cross promotion etc etc

      ME- We aren't looking to do any promotion with you,,we we just
      thinking of being in the store and intro
      ourselve,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,nevermind

      I told them they should REALLY look into the LEGO community since
      they commisoned this sculpture and be a little more aware of life in
      general

      Long story short--I'm going anyway,,I just wont have a "table""

      anyone else?

      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 2, 2006
        --- In Pennlug@yahoogroups.com, "longhairedredneck220" <longhairedredneck220@...>
        wrote:

        > Long story short--I'm going anyway,,I just wont have a "table""
        >
        > anyone else?
        >
        > Mike

        What a bunch of maroons. I'm in. Give me a call Sunday and I'll meet you there.