Re: LEGO KidsFest Hotel room update - RESPONSES NEEDED

  • shuppiluliumas
    Message 1 of 13 , Nov 5, 2009
      I will be staying with relatives in CT, and won't need a hotel room.

      Nate

      --- In Pennlug@yahoogroups.com, "Chris Edwards" <cjedwards47@...> wrote:

      > Hey everyone, Chris here. LEGO KidsFest is only two weeks away, and it's time to finalize our plans for the hotel rooms.
      > I told Vince that 5 hotel rooms would be enough for us, and hopefully that's correct. I know some of us are used to squeezing in to rooms, and this should give us more elbow room than we've had in the past, anyway. I was trying not to come across as too greedy (so that inviting us to things in the future will be a no-brainer for them). Hopefully everyone will be ok with the space we'll have.
      >
      > What I need to know now (so I can pass it on to Vince) is exactly who plans to show up and on what days. We'll be able to start setting up as early as noon on Thursday, November 19. Personally, I'll be aiming to arrive some time between then and mid-afternoon. Is everyone else planning to arrive some time on Thursday?
      >
      > I also need to know everyone's check-out day for the hotel, but I'm assuming that will be Sunday for everyone? Tear-down will begin at 4pm on Sunday, and we have to be out of the convention center by that night.
      >
      > I may need to tell Vince who's sharing each room. I asked him for clarification on that. (I also asked him how late we can set up on Thursday and how early on Friday). Anyway, I know some people would rather not share a room with anyone of the opposite gender, which should be easy enough to coordinate. I can put together a tentative list of room assignments (2 to 3 people per room) and see if everyone approves...
      > If anyone has any additional special requests about this, let me know ASAP.
      >
      > I think that's all I need to cover for now. Any questions? Please reply to this or contact me personally as soon as you can. Don't make me hunt you down!
      >
      > Thanks,
      > Chris

    • VZE2DPYQ
      Message 2 of 13 , Nov 5, 2009
        I will be getting there Thursday evening, not sure what time as I will probably work until 4:00.  I hope to have my car loaded so hopefully I can get right on the road.

        I am willing to car-pool with anyone and carry MOCs which can be left with me at the meeting next weekend.

        I will checkout Sunday morning.

        I don't care who I room with but I prefer queen size bed.

        -MDT.

        Message 3 of 13 , Nov 6, 2009
          I plan to arrive sometime on Thursday, depending on who I might ride with. I'll need to leave as soon after Sunday teardown as possible (4:30? 5?), again, depending on transportation options. I'd rather not share with opp. sex if possible.
          David

          --- In Pennlug@yahoogroups.com, "Chris Edwards" <cjedwards47@...> wrote:

          > Hey everyone, Chris here. LEGO KidsFest is only two weeks away, and it's time to finalize our plans for the hotel rooms.
          > I told Vince that 5 hotel rooms would be enough for us, and hopefully that's correct. I know some of us are used to squeezing in to rooms, and this should give us more elbow room than we've had in the past, anyway. I was trying not to come across as too greedy (so that inviting us to things in the future will be a no-brainer for them). Hopefully everyone will be ok with the space we'll have.
          >
          > What I need to know now (so I can pass it on to Vince) is exactly who plans to show up and on what days. We'll be able to start setting up as early as noon on Thursday, November 19. Personally, I'll be aiming to arrive some time between then and mid-afternoon. Is everyone else planning to arrive some time on Thursday?
          >
          > I also need to know everyone's check-out day for the hotel, but I'm assuming that will be Sunday for everyone? Tear-down will begin at 4pm on Sunday, and we have to be out of the convention center by that night.
          >
          > I may need to tell Vince who's sharing each room. I asked him for clarification on that. (I also asked him how late we can set up on Thursday and how early on Friday). Anyway, I know some people would rather not share a room with anyone of the opposite gender, which should be easy enough to coordinate. I can put together a tentative list of room assignments (2 to 3 people per room) and see if everyone approves...
          > If anyone has any additional special requests about this, let me know ASAP.
          >
          > I think that's all I need to cover for now. Any questions? Please reply to this or contact me personally as soon as you can. Don't make me hunt you down!
          >
          > Thanks,
          > Chris

        • automechanic
          Message 4 of 13 , Nov 6, 2009
            the free t2ckets we are getting. do we know if they are good for the whole weekend or just one day? and if only one day any day or a specific day like at brick fair where they wdere only good on sunday?

            super_dave42 wrote:

            > I plan to arrive sometime on Thursday, depending on who I might ride with. I'll need to leave as soon after Sunday teardown as possible (4:30? 5?), again, depending on transportation options. I'd rather not share with opp. sex if possible.
            > David
            > --- In Pennlug@yahoogroups .com , "Chris Edwards" <cjedwards47@ ...> wrote:
            >>
            >> Hey everyone, Chris here. LEGO KidsFest is only two weeks away, and it's time to finalize our plans for the hotel rooms.
            >> I told Vince that 5 hotel rooms would be enough for us, and hopefully that's correct. I know some of us are used to squeezing in to rooms, and this should give us more elbow room than we've had in the past, anyway. I was trying not to come across as too greedy (so that inviting us to things in the future will be a no-brainer for them). Hopefully everyone will be ok with the space we'll have.
            >>
            >> What I need to know now (so I can pass it on to Vince) is exactly who plans to show up and on what days. We'll be able to start setting up as early as noon on Thursday, November 19. Personally, I'll be aiming to arrive some time between then and mid-afternoon. Is everyone else planning to arrive some time on Thursday?
            >>
            >> I also need to know everyone's check-out day for the hotel, but I'm assuming that will be Sunday for everyone? Tear-down will begin at 4pm on Sunday, and we have to be out of the convention center by that night.
            >>
            >> I may need to tell Vince who's sharing each room. I asked him for clarification on that. (I also asked him how late we can set up on Thursday and how early on Friday). Anyway, I know some people would rather not share a room with anyone of the opposite gender, which should be easy enough to coordinate. I can put together a tentative list of room assignments (2 to 3 people per room) and see if everyone approves...
            >> If anyone has any additional special requests about this, let me know ASAP.
            >>
            >> I think that's all I need to cover for now. Any questions? Please reply to this or contact me personally as soon as you can. Don't make me hunt you down!
            >>
            >> Thanks,
            >> Chris

          • Michael
            Message 5 of 13 , Nov 6, 2009
              HI everybody,
              FYI,I plan on leaving after work on Thursday probably around dinner time unless I can finish the day up earlier. So I am flying solo at this point so if anyone needs a ride please let me know or if anyone wants company I can pay for gas. My car is empty except for a duffel bag and can take stuff up as well. I will be leaving later on Sunday probably closer to the end just so as I am home by midnight. As for the hotel room anything goes for me; sofa, bed, floor, same sex, opp sex. Please contact me and let me know what's going on.
              Thanks,
              Mike

              --- In Pennlug@yahoogroups.com, "Chris Edwards" <cjedwards47@...> wrote:

              > Hey everyone, Chris here. LEGO KidsFest is only two weeks away, and it's time to finalize our plans for the hotel rooms.
              > I told Vince that 5 hotel rooms would be enough for us, and hopefully that's correct. I know some of us are used to squeezing in to rooms, and this should give us more elbow room than we've had in the past, anyway. I was trying not to come across as too greedy (so that inviting us to things in the future will be a no-brainer for them). Hopefully everyone will be ok with the space we'll have.
              >
              > What I need to know now (so I can pass it on to Vince) is exactly who plans to show up and on what days. We'll be able to start setting up as early as noon on Thursday, November 19. Personally, I'll be aiming to arrive some time between then and mid-afternoon. Is everyone else planning to arrive some time on Thursday?
              >
              > I also need to know everyone's check-out day for the hotel, but I'm assuming that will be Sunday for everyone? Tear-down will begin at 4pm on Sunday, and we have to be out of the convention center by that night.
              >
              > I may need to tell Vince who's sharing each room. I asked him for clarification on that. (I also asked him how late we can set up on Thursday and how early on Friday). Anyway, I know some people would rather not share a room with anyone of the opposite gender, which should be easy enough to coordinate. I can put together a tentative list of room assignments (2 to 3 people per room) and see if everyone approves...
              > If anyone has any additional special requests about this, let me know ASAP.
              >
              > I think that's all I need to cover for now. Any questions? Please reply to this or contact me personally as soon as you can. Don't make me hunt you down!
              >
              > Thanks,
              > Chris

            • Chris Edwards
              Message 6 of 13 , Nov 9, 2009
                My guess is that they'll be good for any one day, by default. But we're basically going to be VIPs at this event. If you want to get a few people into the show on one or more days, they'll probably let you do it if you ask. It's not like a regular con, where there are 500 privileged attendees.

                -Chris

                --- In Pennlug@yahoogroups.com, automechanic <automechanic@...> wrote:

                > the free t2ckets we are getting. do we know if they are good for the whole weekend or just one day? and if only one day any day or a specific day like at brick fair where they wdere only good on sunday?
              • jpark4evr
                Message 7 of 13 , Nov 9, 2009
                  I was going to be carpooling with Mike Tighe to be there by Thursday evening. I don't care how many people are squeezed into a room. I'm fairly resourceful in where I sleep. lol

                  --- In Pennlug@yahoogroups.com, "Chris Edwards" <cjedwards47@...> wrote:

                  > Hey everyone, Chris here. LEGO KidsFest is only two weeks away, and it's time to finalize our plans for the hotel rooms.
                  > I told Vince that 5 hotel rooms would be enough for us, and hopefully that's correct. I know some of us are used to squeezing in to rooms, and this should give us more elbow room than we've had in the past, anyway. I was trying not to come across as too greedy (so that inviting us to things in the future will be a no-brainer for them). Hopefully everyone will be ok with the space we'll have.
                  >
                  > What I need to know now (so I can pass it on to Vince) is exactly who plans to show up and on what days. We'll be able to start setting up as early as noon on Thursday, November 19. Personally, I'll be aiming to arrive some time between then and mid-afternoon. Is everyone else planning to arrive some time on Thursday?
                  >
                  > I also need to know everyone's check-out day for the hotel, but I'm assuming that will be Sunday for everyone? Tear-down will begin at 4pm on Sunday, and we have to be out of the convention center by that night.
                  >
                  > I may need to tell Vince who's sharing each room. I asked him for clarification on that. (I also asked him how late we can set up on Thursday and how early on Friday). Anyway, I know some people would rather not share a room with anyone of the opposite gender, which should be easy enough to coordinate. I can put together a tentative list of room assignments (2 to 3 people per room) and see if everyone approves...
                  > If anyone has any additional special requests about this, let me know ASAP.
                  >
                  > I think that's all I need to cover for now. Any questions? Please reply to this or contact me personally as soon as you can. Don't make me hunt you down!
                  >
                  > Thanks,
                  > Chris

                • Chris Edwards
                  Message 8 of 13 , Nov 9, 2009
                    Mike-

                    You're on the list.
                    Our next meeting will be this coming Saturday (the 15th) in Lancaster. Will you be able to make it to that? We'll be discussing KidsFest there, including how we're going to coordinate things when we arrive in CT.
                    Do you have any creations that you want to show off at KidsFest? We'll have two main displays: a train layout, and a big rectangle of tables for stand-alone creations. The buildings and terrain for the train layout are set already, but there's always room for vehicles, minifigs, or other small things. The stand-alone section can have original creations in any theme.

                    -Chris

                    --- In Pennlug@yahoogroups.com, "Michael" <michaelmacleod@...> wrote:

                    > HI everybody,
                    > FYI,I plan on leaving after work on Thursday probably around dinner time unless I can finish the day up earlier. So I am flying solo at this point so if anyone needs a ride please let me know or if anyone wants company I can pay for gas. My car is empty except for a duffel bag and can take stuff up as well. I will be leaving later on Sunday probably closer to the end just so as I am home by midnight. As for the hotel room anything goes for me; sofa, bed, floor, same sex, opp sex. Please contact me and let me know what's going on.
                    > Thanks,
                    > Mike
                    >
                    > --- In Pennlug@yahoogroups.com, "Chris Edwards" <cjedwards47@> wrote:
                    > >
                    > > Hey everyone, Chris here. LEGO KidsFest is only two weeks away, and it's time to finalize our plans for the hotel rooms.
                    > > I told Vince that 5 hotel rooms would be enough for us, and hopefully that's correct. I know some of us are used to squeezing in to rooms, and this should give us more elbow room than we've had in the past, anyway. I was trying not to come across as too greedy (so that inviting us to things in the future will be a no-brainer for them). Hopefully everyone will be ok with the space we'll have.
                    > >
                    > > What I need to know now (so I can pass it on to Vince) is exactly who plans to show up and on what days. We'll be able to start setting up as early as noon on Thursday, November 19. Personally, I'll be aiming to arrive some time between then and mid-afternoon. Is everyone else planning to arrive some time on Thursday?
                    > >
                    > > I also need to know everyone's check-out day for the hotel, but I'm assuming that will be Sunday for everyone? Tear-down will begin at 4pm on Sunday, and we have to be out of the convention center by that night.
                    > >
                    > > I may need to tell Vince who's sharing each room. I asked him for clarification on that. (I also asked him how late we can set up on Thursday and how early on Friday). Anyway, I know some people would rather not share a room with anyone of the opposite gender, which should be easy enough to coordinate. I can put together a tentative list of room assignments (2 to 3 people per room) and see if everyone approves...
                    > > If anyone has any additional special requests about this, let me know ASAP.
                    > >
                    > > I think that's all I need to cover for now. Any questions? Please reply to this or contact me personally as soon as you can. Don't make me hunt you down!
                    > >
                    > > Thanks,
                    > > Chris

                  • automechanic
                    Message 9 of 13 , Nov 9, 2009
                      I may have a bit of space for some items if anyone needs me to take something. I am finishing up packing my own stuff and will be doing a test back of my car before saturday. Pete Morris as already given me his qty and deminsions of what he is bringing and I may have some room. All depends on how I deal with stuffing the effile tower into my car.