I want to go with PennLUG to Kids Fest, How can I help

  • jpark4evr
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 23, 2009
      Hi all, I had already expressed interest before and said that I definitely wanted to come along. I gave a list of things that I could bring to put toward the layout, but I never received a response. So I just wanted to let you know that I'm going to request off for that weekend for sure, and I have requested off for the meeting the week beforehand. I would also like to know what I could bring along/how I could help? I heard that the layout will be approximately similar in size to the one at brickfair. Now, I will definitely say that there is no way in heck that I'm bringing the battlefield...It's a logistical nightmare to setup, taking way too much time. The plantation portion, on the other hand, is far more feasible. I can't think of the rough dimensions offhand, but I was thinking of making the orchard slightly larger and adding a few more cabins. But there's no way I'm going to use the "slave" minifigs I made, because without the context of the battlefield, I'd expect some people to maybe flip out. Then there is the Japanese home, the church, and the 2 split-level homes. As always, I have several vehicles. I hope that we will be doing the cafe corner thing again, because I would like to build a couple more brownstones to add to it, including the antique shop. Oh yes, and I've ordered some parts to make a 1948 Tucker automobile. It's an awesome piece of auto history, and there were only 51 that were ever made, including the prototype. Check it out: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tucker_automobile

      Well, I hope all is well with everyone. Happy building!

      Matt
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 23, 2009
        Sorry about that Matt. I did see your previous message about what you could bring. Steve Witt still hasn't provided table specs so I have not been able to make a plan for a layout yet. There will definitely be a Cafe Corner style street section and any CC type buildings are welcome.

        The Tucker sound awesome. I always thought it was a cool car with a very interesting history. As I was reading the Wiki link I came across this. I'm more of a coup person but I have to admit that looking at the "Lower 48" Tucker Sedan hot rod they built is one sweet ride.

        Cale

        __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4537 (20091023) __________

        http://www.eset.com

        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 28, 2009
          No need to apologize Cale. I just wanted to make sure.

          I have part of the Tucker built, and it's quite the pain in the rear.
          It would probably be a lot easier if it didn't have that third headlight
          in the middle, which isn't easy to work around. The car is going to be
          seven studs wide, which I guess isn't all that bad since the Tucker was
          a good sized car. When it's finished, I think it'll look pretty nice.
          I ordered up some chromed bricks for the wheels and fenders. One of
          them is a frog, which makes for a pretty sweet hood ornament. I hope to
          have it done by kids fest.

          Matt