Awesome new parts in upcoming Space Police sets

  • Chris Edwards
    Message 1 of 10 , Oct 9 10:11 AM
      Anyone with any vague interest in Space needs to check out these links immediately:
      http://www.amazon.com/LEGO-Space-Smash-Grab-5982/dp/B002RL7W74/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=toys-and-games&qid=1255075245&sr=1-1
      http://www.amazon.com/LEGO-Space-Police-Raid-5981/dp/B002RL7W5Q/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=toys-and-games&qid=1255075483&sr=1-1

      The number of awesome parts has me giddy. It's complete fan-service:
      1 x 3 tiles
      2 x 4 tile (I think)
      Cool new helmets for the police
      Updated version of the classic Blacktron torso
      Trans-yellow windshield
      Purple cheese
      Another windscreen in trans blue (I think this is the first time for this one, anyway)

      I can't wait! I thought the other SPIII sets were nice and all, but these new ones have grabbed my attention in a way it hasn't been grabbed in a long time. Must buy now!!!

      -Chris
    • shuppiluliumas
      Message 2 of 10 , Oct 9 10:24 AM
        I'd seen pics of the police vehicle, but not that villain one. That is seriously awesome. 1 x 3 tiles have been on top of my wish list for a while now.

        --- In Pennlug@yahoogroups.com, "Chris Edwards" <cjedwards47@...> wrote:

        > Anyone with any vague interest in Space needs to check out these links immediately:
        > http://www.amazon.com/LEGO-Space-Smash-Grab-5982/dp/B002RL7W74/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=toys-and-games&qid=1255075245&sr=1-1
        > http://www.amazon.com/LEGO-Space-Police-Raid-5981/dp/B002RL7W5Q/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=toys-and-games&qid=1255075483&sr=1-1
        >
        > The number of awesome parts has me giddy. It's complete fan-service:
        > 1 x 3 tiles
        > 2 x 4 tile (I think)
        > Cool new helmets for the police
        > Updated version of the classic Blacktron torso
        > Trans-yellow windshield
        > Purple cheese
        > Another windscreen in trans blue (I think this is the first time for this one, anyway)
        >
        > I can't wait! I thought the other SPIII sets were nice and all, but these new ones have grabbed my attention in a way it hasn't been grabbed in a long time. Must buy now!!!
        >
        > -Chris

      • Carter Baldwin
        Message 3 of 10 , Oct 9 10:27 AM
          I'm excited for the helmet more than anything; pure Viper jock or ODST material.

          http://www.flickr.com/photos/9824337@N06/3948056944/

          The new aquaraiders/atlantis sets are looking pretty good too- some interesting designs, and lots of dark red!

          On Fri, Oct 9, 2009 at 1:24 PM, shuppiluliumas <shuppiluliumas@...> wrote:

          I'd seen pics of the police vehicle, but not that villain one. That is seriously awesome. 1 x 3 tiles have been on top of my wish list for a while now.

          --- In Pennlug@yahoogroups.com, "Chris Edwards" <cjedwards47@...> wrote:

          > Anyone with any vague interest in Space needs to check out these links immediately:
          > http://www.amazon.com/LEGO-Space-Smash-Grab-5982/dp/B002RL7W74/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=toys-and-games&qid=1255075245&sr=1-1
          > http://www.amazon.com/LEGO-Space-Police-Raid-5981/dp/B002RL7W5Q/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=toys-and-games&qid=1255075483&sr=1-1
          >
          > The number of awesome parts has me giddy. It's complete fan-service:
          > 1 x 3 tiles
          > 2 x 4 tile (I think)
          > Cool new helmets for the police
          > Updated version of the classic Blacktron torso
          > Trans-yellow windshield
          > Purple cheese
          > Another windscreen in trans blue (I think this is the first time for this one, anyway)
          >
          > I can't wait! I thought the other SPIII sets were nice and all, but these new ones have grabbed my attention in a way it hasn't been grabbed in a long time. Must buy now!!!
          >
          > -Chris

        • Chris Edwards
          Message 4 of 10 , Oct 9 10:38 AM
            Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure the Atlantis vehicles are standard red. Everything else it awesome, though!

            --- In Pennlug@yahoogroups.com, Carter Baldwin <carterbaldwin@...> wrote:

            > I'm excited for the helmet more than anything; pure Viper jock or ODST
            > material.
            >
            > http://www.flickr.com/photos/9824337@N06/3948056944/
            >
            > The new aquaraiders/atlantis sets are looking pretty good too- some
            > interesting designs, and lots of dark red!
            >
            > On Fri, Oct 9, 2009 at 1:24 PM, shuppiluliumas <shuppiluliumas@...>wrote:
            >

            > > I'd seen pics of the police vehicle, but not that villain one. That is
            > > seriously awesome. 1 x 3 tiles have been on top of my wish list for a while
            > > now.
            > >

            > > --- In Pennlug@yahoogroups.com <Pennlug%40yahoogroups.com>, "Chris
            > > Edwards" <cjedwards47@> wrote:
            > > >
            > > > Anyone with any vague interest in Space needs to check out these links
            > > immediately:
            > > >
            > > http://www.amazon.com/LEGO-Space-Smash-Grab-5982/dp/B002RL7W74/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=toys-and-games&qid=1255075245&sr=1-1
            > > >
            > > http://www.amazon.com/LEGO-Space-Police-Raid-5981/dp/B002RL7W5Q/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=toys-and-games&qid=1255075483&sr=1-1
            > > >
            > > > The number of awesome parts has me giddy. It's complete fan-service:
            > > > 1 x 3 tiles
            > > > 2 x 4 tile (I think)
            > > > Cool new helmets for the police
            > > > Updated version of the classic Blacktron torso
            > > > Trans-yellow windshield
            > > > Purple cheese
            > > > Another windscreen in trans blue (I think this is the first time for this
            > > one, anyway)
            > > >
            > > > I can't wait! I thought the other SPIII sets were nice and all, but these
            > > new ones have grabbed my attention in a way it hasn't been grabbed in a long
            > > time. Must buy now!!!
            > > >
            > > > -Chris

          • Carter Baldwin
            Message 5 of 10 , Oct 9 10:44 AM
              Could be my eyes playing tricks on me, but the latest and clearest shots look dk. red to me.

              http://www.flickr.com/photos/sirdano/

              On Fri, Oct 9, 2009 at 1:38 PM, Chris Edwards <cjedwards47@...> wrote:

              Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure the Atlantis vehicles are standard red. Everything else it awesome, though!

              --- In Pennlug@yahoogroups.com, Carter Baldwin <carterbaldwin@...> wrote:

              > I'm excited for the helmet more than anything; pure Viper jock or ODST
              > material.
              >
              > http://www.flickr.com/photos/9824337@N06/3948056944/
              >
              > The new aquaraiders/atlantis sets are looking pretty good too- some
              > interesting designs, and lots of dark red!
              >
              > On Fri, Oct 9, 2009 at 1:24 PM, shuppiluliumas <shuppiluliumas@...>wrote:

              > > I'd seen pics of the police vehicle, but not that villain one. That is
              > > seriously awesome. 1 x 3 tiles have been on top of my wish list for a while
              > > now.
              > >

              > > --- In Pennlug@yahoogroups.com <Pennlug%40yahoogroups.com>, "Chris

              > > Edwards" <cjedwards47@> wrote:
              > > >
              > > > Anyone with any vague interest in Space needs to check out these links
              > > immediately:
              > > >
              > > http://www.amazon.com/LEGO-Space-Smash-Grab-5982/dp/B002RL7W74/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=toys-and-games&qid=1255075245&sr=1-1
              > > >
              > > http://www.amazon.com/LEGO-Space-Police-Raid-5981/dp/B002RL7W5Q/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=toys-and-games&qid=1255075483&sr=1-1
              > > >
              > > > The number of awesome parts has me giddy. It's complete fan-service:
              > > > 1 x 3 tiles
              > > > 2 x 4 tile (I think)
              > > > Cool new helmets for the police
              > > > Updated version of the classic Blacktron torso
              > > > Trans-yellow windshield
              > > > Purple cheese
              > > > Another windscreen in trans blue (I think this is the first time for this
              > > one, anyway)
              > > >
              > > > I can't wait! I thought the other SPIII sets were nice and all, but these
              > > new ones have grabbed my attention in a way it hasn't been grabbed in a long
              > > time. Must buy now!!!
              > > >
              > > > -Chris

            • Chris Edwards
              Message 6 of 10 , Oct 9 10:57 AM
                I think it's just the way Lego photographed (and maybe Photoshopped) them for the boxes. Compare the vehicle images to this one, with the squid king: http://www.flickr.com/photos/sirdano/3987052399/
                He's darker than the vehicles.

                -Chris

              • kreativkc@aol.com
                Message 7 of 10 , Oct 9 2:07 PM
                  I can;t. I seem to have bought some other Lego recently.  KC

                  In a message dated 10/9/2009 1:13:12 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, cjedwards47@... writes:
                  Must buy now!!!
                  Message 8 of 10 , Oct 9 3:02 PM
                    Ha Ha ha. Yeah I bought some other LEGO too. ; ) And when not buying the other LEGO I've been aquiring books for researching future LEGO projects. I think I'm an addict.

                    Cale

                    kreativkc@... wrote:

                    I can;t. I seem to have bought some other Lego recently.  KC

                    In a message dated 10/9/2009 1:13:12 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, cjedwards47@ gmail.com writes:
                    Must buy now!!!

                    __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4494 (20091009) __________

                    http://www.eset.com

                    Message 9 of 10 , Oct 9 3:08 PM
                      well, you guys did pick "the state of Brick DEPENDENCE"... and drugs often come in little baggies.... need I say more........ as I sit here sorting boat hulls and finding the correct sails to go with them.

                      " my name is KC, and I am a brickaholic..... I have not been able to stay clean for more than a few hours......"

                      In a message dated 10/9/2009 6:02:49 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, steampoweredbricks@... writes:
                      I think I'm an addict.
                    • shuppiluliumas
                      Message 10 of 10 , Oct 9 7:19 PM
                        There is absolutely a 2 x 4 tile. See this creator set.

                        http://www.amazon.com/LEGO-Creator-Red-Car-5867/dp/B002RL7VRK/ref=sr_1_59?ie=UTF8&s=toys-and-games&qid=1255140978&sr=1-59

                        They're on the doors of the car, and the hoo of the jeep. So excited.

                        Nate