Re: The Fire Brigade is out.

  • caleleiphart
    Message 1 of 18 , Sep 4, 2009
      Ha Ha I know. I really want to pick up another Green Grocer and I need a Fire Brigade. :D

      I'm afraid to say we struck out on getting any Greenies for 50% at the last two fests. We may have to wait till next year and hope we get lucky.

      Cale

    • kreativkc@aol.com
      Message 2 of 18 , Sep 5, 2009
        hmmm, who would we be talking about.  :-)  It is sitting on the table only partially assembled since I don't have book 1 of the instructions. When we do get it done, we can put it in the train setup if you want. KC

        Message 3 of 18 , Sep 5, 2009
          Cafe Corner, and the Fire Brigade. Trev could do the street scene by himself almost. : )

          Cale

          __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4398 (20090905) __________

          http://www.eset.com

          __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4398 (20090905) __________

          http://www.eset.com
        • automechanic
          Message 4 of 18 , Sep 5, 2009
            Did you guys end up missing a bunch of pieces or just the instructions?

            Message 5 of 18 , Sep 5, 2009
              we are missing book one, and from book 2 I know we are missing 1 tile, not sure what I am missing from book 1, and no way to find out till I get the instructions cause I don't feel like counting all the parts.

            • kreativkc@aol.com
              Message 6 of 18 , Sep 5, 2009
                no green grocer yet.

                Message 7 of 18 , Sep 5, 2009
                  OK guys a few quick things. The sale on the Green Grocer is only good till the 16th of september.

                  There will be a $25 off sale on Town Plan between the 21st and 24th.

                  Also there is a new lego store opening up in Paramus NJ on the 17th and 18th. Not sure how far away that is but if its not too far it might be worth venturing out to for an exclusive.

                • kreativkc@aol.com
                  Message 8 of 18 , Sep 5, 2009
                    Maybe we could work the opening, and get free Lego like we did at KofP. ? Not sure how to go about finding out. KC

                      Message 10 of 18 , Sep 5, 2009
                        Also of interest to me at least is the new store coming to Baltimore.

                        http://stores.lego.com/en-us/Baltimore/LandingPage.aspx

                        Only slightly farther for me than KoP.

                        Cale

                        --- In Pennlug@yahoogroups.com, Cale Leiphart <steampoweredbricks@...> wrote:

                        > Contact Steve Witt and he can get you in contact with the right people.
                        > I can send you his email address if you don't have it.
                        >
                        > I just checked and Paramus NJ is at least a 3 hour trip one way for me.
                        > But if others are interested I may be willing to make a day trip for the
                        > Grand Opening.
                        >
                        > Cale
                        >
                        > kreativkc@... wrote:
                        > >

                        > > Maybe we could work the opening, and get free Lego like we did at
                        > > KofP. ? Not sure how to go about finding out. KC
                        > >
                        > > In a message dated 9/5/2009 12:33:41 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
                        > > automechanic@... writes:
                        > >
                        > > Also there is a new lego store opening up in Paramus NJ on the
                        > > 17th and 18th. Not sure how far away that is but if its not too
                        > > far it might be worth venturing out to for an exclusive.

                        > > signature database 4398 (20090905) __________

                        > > http://www.eset.com
                        >

                        > __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4398 (20090905) __________

                        > http://www.eset.com

                      • caleleiphart
                        Message 11 of 18 , Sep 5, 2009
                          While were on the subject of the Fire Brigade set. Here is a cool truck to add to an expanded fire station.

                          At the very least I will be borrowing the cab and chassis design.

                          Cale

                          --- In Pennlug@yahoogroups.com, "caleleiphart" <steampoweredbricks@...> wrote:

                          > For those of us not lucky enough to win a Fire Brigade at BrickFair it can now be purchased at shop@home.
                          >
                          > http://shop.lego.com/ByTheme/Product.aspx?p=10197&cn=245&d=100&CMP=EMC-HR1498709398&HQS=rescuebox2
                          >
                          > The Green Grocer is also on sale for 20% off right now.
                          >
                          > http://shop.lego.com/Product/?p=10185
                          >
                          > And there is free shipping on orders of $75 or more. This makes me want to do bad things :)
                          >
                          > Cale

                        • automechanic
                          Message 12 of 18 , Sep 5, 2009
                            I saw that on brothers brick. I wanna copy the chassie and make a classic Coke delivery truck.

                          • Ralph Rondeau
                            Message 13 of 18 , Sep 5, 2009
                              Hey guys,

                              I was able to get down to the KOP today and pick up another Green Grocer and Fire Brigade. They honor that sale price down there and you get the pts for gift cards. At first, I thought it was internet only.

                              Message 14 of 18 , Sep 5, 2009
                                Hey guys that is a nice mall. I was down there last year. I believe they have a medieval times dinner show there. You guys would probably love it.

                                Also of interest to me at least is the new store coming to Baltimore.

                                http://stores. lego.com/ en-us/Baltimore/ LandingPage. aspx

                                Only slightly farther for me than KoP.

                                Cale

                                --- In Pennlug@yahoogroups .com, Cale Leiphart <steampoweredbricks @...> wrote:

                                > Contact Steve Witt and he can get you in contact with the right people.
                                > I can send you his email address if you don't have it.
                                >
                                > I just checked and Paramus NJ is at least a 3 hour trip one way for me.
                                > But if others are interested I may be willing to make a day trip for the
                                > Grand Opening.
                                >
                                > Cale
                                >
                                > kreativkc@.. . wrote:
                                > >

                                > > Maybe we could work the opening, and get free Lego like we did at
                                > > KofP. ? Not sure how to go about finding out. KC
                                > >
                                > > In a message dated 9/5/2009 12:33:41 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
                                > > automechanic@ ... writes:
                                > >
                                > > Also there is a new lego store opening up in Paramus NJ on the
                                > > 17th and 18th. Not sure how far away that is but if its not too
                                > > far it might be worth venturing out to for an exclusive.

                                > > signature database 4398 (20090905) __________

                                > > http://www.eset. com
                                >

                                > __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4398 (20090905) __________

                                > http://www.eset. com

                              • Jim Cat
                                Message 15 of 18 , Sep 5, 2009
                                  The Store in Balitmore is also supposed to be bigger or something.

                                  snippit from the article full article url below. it's a neat article going over LEGO's come back.

                                  Last month, it opened its first “concept store” in Concord, N.C., where parents can bring children for birthday parties and classes with master builders; another concept store is set to open near Baltimore this fall. It’s all part of a broader retail expansion that will give Lego 47 retail stores worldwide by year-end, up from 27 in 2007.

                                  Message 16 of 18 , Sep 6, 2009
                                    that was a great read, thank you for the link. KC