Re: LUGBULK LEGO User Group Bulk Order Program

  • weasel474747
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 13, 2009
      Awesome! Thanks for the info! I hope that their trials go well, and that they are able to bring this to the US. I'm looking at you, 1x1 tiles. And light bley cheese. And other, similar things.

      -Chris
    • automechanic
      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 13, 2009
        I think that would be awsome. Then when we work on layouts if we want lots of lamp post, it will be easy to get the elements we need. Or anything that we need lots of repetion. I hope this come here soon.

        Message 3 of 9 , Aug 13, 2009
          --- In Pennlug@yahoogroups.com, "weasel474747" <cjedwards47@...> wrote:
          I'm looking at you, 1x1 tiles. And light bley cheese. And other, similar things.

          > -Chris

          Ha ha ha. You read my mind.

          Message 4 of 9 , Aug 13, 2009
            --- In Pennlug@yahoogroups.com, automechanic <automechanic@...> wrote:

            > I think that would be awsome. Then when we work on layouts if we want lots of lamp post, it will be easy to get the elements we need. Or anything that we need lots of repetion. I hope this come here soon.

            That's definitely the Idea behind the program. LEGO has stated in the past LUGs and individuals putting on displays is one of the best ad campaign they could have. Hence why they pay so much attention to events such as Brickworld.

            If things go well in Europe it's only a matter of time before it comes here.

            Cale
          • kreativkc@aol.com
            Message 5 of 9 , Aug 13, 2009

              In a message dated 8/13/2009 4:25:28 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, steampoweredbricks@... writes:

              If things go well in Europe it's only a matter of time before it comes here.

              Keeping fingers crossed... could sure use 1x1 tiles in lt and dk bley and tan and brown. KC

            • automechanic
              Message 6 of 9 , Aug 13, 2009
                Ok so apparently not every update message from brickfair is coming through in emails. I was on the site today to check on directions and such and there was a depressing update.

                Apparently TLG will be unable to host on-site PAB. It says on-site eluding to maybe off-site PAB, but it doesn't give any details if this will be avaliable or not. I may be a bit more depressed then the rest of you since this is my first convention, and I was really looking forward to PAB.

                Message 7 of 9 , Aug 13, 2009
                  --- In Pennlug@yahoogroups.com, automechanic <automechanic@...> wrote:

                  > Ok so apparently not every update message from brickfair is coming through in emails. I was on the site today to check on directions and such and there was a depressing update.
                  >
                  > Apparently TLG will be unable to host on-site PAB. It says on-site eluding to maybe off-site PAB, but it doesn't give any details if this will be avaliable or not. I may be a bit more depressed then the rest of you since this is my first convention, and I was really looking forward to PAB.

                  It is a bummer. The selection of parts at Brickworld was small but of those there were quite a few good parts that I often use in large quantities. Black jumper plates and black cheese come to mind. So getting them in bulk at a super cheap price was a bonus for sure. Oh well there is always next year.

                  On the plus side it sounds like there will be damaged sets for 50% off at the LEGO store event. I'm not sure how much there will be though and how much they will let each person take though. They will also be using the same lottery system they used at Brickworld to determine who gets first pick. The LEGO store event will be at Potomac Mills.

                  Cale
                • weasel474747
                  Message 8 of 9 , Aug 13, 2009
                    It could just be because the space they had allocated to it was waaaay to small for 600 people. Look at the map--it's up in a narrow hallway.

                    -Chris