LUGBULK LEGO User Group Bulk Order Program

    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 13, 2009
      I found this on EuroBricks.

      LEGO User Group Bulk Order Program

      It's not available in the United States yet. Although it sounds like it may only be a mater of time and some legal hoops to jump through before it does come here. And there are a bunch of requirements, rules and restrictions. But it could turn out to be an absolutely awesome program. It looks like we meet most of the requirements.

      • The LUG need to consist of minimum 10 members

      We have that covered.

      • The LUG need to feature at least 2 public smaller or bigger displays each year

      Brickworld, BrickFair, Easttown Library, and possibly Model RR day in Strasburg and Kids Fest in Connecticut. We have that one met.

      • The LUG need to exist for at least 1 year

      PennLUG has been around since 2005. DelVaLUG even longer.

      • The LUG need to have an official website

      We're working on that one. Any status updates?

      • The LUG need to have at least a 1 page description of the LUG and the goals of the LUG on the website

      This shouldn't be to hard to do.

      • The LUG need to take part in possible surveys issued by the LEGO Group to the LUG

      No problem there.

      • The LUG is responsible for securing the needed written accept from their membership according to the local legislation to submit legally the following basic information about the LUG and the members to the LEGO Community Team:
      -Number of members
      -Name of members
      -Address of members
      -Email of member s
      -LEGO ID of members if applicable

      Again this shouldn't be to hard to come up with.

      As stated earlier this isn't available for the US yet, but could be coming to us in the future.

      Cale

      __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4333 (20090813) __________

      http://www.eset.com
    • weasel474747
      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 13, 2009
        Awesome! Thanks for the info! I hope that their trials go well, and that they are able to bring this to the US. I'm looking at you, 1x1 tiles. And light bley cheese. And other, similar things.

        -Chris
      • automechanic
        Message 3 of 9 , Aug 13, 2009
          I think that would be awsome. Then when we work on layouts if we want lots of lamp post, it will be easy to get the elements we need. Or anything that we need lots of repetion. I hope this come here soon.

          Message 4 of 9 , Aug 13, 2009
            --- In Pennlug@yahoogroups.com, "weasel474747" <cjedwards47@...> wrote:
            I'm looking at you, 1x1 tiles. And light bley cheese. And other, similar things.

            > -Chris

            Ha ha ha. You read my mind.

            Message 5 of 9 , Aug 13, 2009
              --- In Pennlug@yahoogroups.com, automechanic <automechanic@...> wrote:

              > I think that would be awsome. Then when we work on layouts if we want lots of lamp post, it will be easy to get the elements we need. Or anything that we need lots of repetion. I hope this come here soon.

              That's definitely the Idea behind the program. LEGO has stated in the past LUGs and individuals putting on displays is one of the best ad campaign they could have. Hence why they pay so much attention to events such as Brickworld.

              If things go well in Europe it's only a matter of time before it comes here.

              Cale
            • kreativkc@aol.com
              Message 6 of 9 , Aug 13, 2009

                In a message dated 8/13/2009 4:25:28 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, steampoweredbricks@... writes:

                If things go well in Europe it's only a matter of time before it comes here.

                Keeping fingers crossed... could sure use 1x1 tiles in lt and dk bley and tan and brown. KC

              • automechanic
                Message 7 of 9 , Aug 13, 2009
                  Ok so apparently not every update message from brickfair is coming through in emails. I was on the site today to check on directions and such and there was a depressing update.

                  Apparently TLG will be unable to host on-site PAB. It says on-site eluding to maybe off-site PAB, but it doesn't give any details if this will be avaliable or not. I may be a bit more depressed then the rest of you since this is my first convention, and I was really looking forward to PAB.

                  Message 8 of 9 , Aug 13, 2009
                    --- In Pennlug@yahoogroups.com, automechanic <automechanic@...> wrote:

                    > Ok so apparently not every update message from brickfair is coming through in emails. I was on the site today to check on directions and such and there was a depressing update.
                    >
                    > Apparently TLG will be unable to host on-site PAB. It says on-site eluding to maybe off-site PAB, but it doesn't give any details if this will be avaliable or not. I may be a bit more depressed then the rest of you since this is my first convention, and I was really looking forward to PAB.

                    It is a bummer. The selection of parts at Brickworld was small but of those there were quite a few good parts that I often use in large quantities. Black jumper plates and black cheese come to mind. So getting them in bulk at a super cheap price was a bonus for sure. Oh well there is always next year.

                    On the plus side it sounds like there will be damaged sets for 50% off at the LEGO store event. I'm not sure how much there will be though and how much they will let each person take though. They will also be using the same lottery system they used at Brickworld to determine who gets first pick. The LEGO store event will be at Potomac Mills.

                    Cale
                  • weasel474747
                    Message 9 of 9 , Aug 13, 2009
                      It could just be because the space they had allocated to it was waaaay to small for 600 people. Look at the map--it's up in a narrow hallway.

                      -Chris