Hello

  • shuppiluliumas
    Message 1 of 13 , Jul 17, 2009
      My name is Nate, and I'm an AFOL living in Philadelphia. Having finally attended my first convention (NMRA), and meeting members of PennLUG there, I decided it was time to join up. I mostly build trains these days, but my interests are pretty broad. My stuff is <A HREF="http://www.flickr.com/photos/34338074@N06/">here</A> (flickr page) for anyone who is interested.

      I've been collecting Lego since before I can remember, but only really got back into it as an adult when I moved here and had sufficient space to work with. I am currently working on my PhD at Penn, so time to build during the academic year is always tight. My other difficulty is that I do not own a car, though I do have access to them through Philly Car Share, so getting to meetings will sometimes be difficult. I plan on attending BrickFair this summer, so if I do not have the opportunity to make a meeting before then, I look forward to meeting more of you there.
    • weasel474747
      Message 2 of 13 , Jul 17, 2009
        Hello Nate! We happen to be having a meeting tomorrow, and I'm picking up another new recruit around 10am at 69th street station. If you want to meet us there as well, you can ride with us!

        -Chris

        Message 3 of 13 , Jul 17, 2009
          Hey Nate

          Great to see you made on board. PennLUG is planning on having a train layout at BrickFair so if you need a spot to park some UP engines or have any structures you want to contribute let me know. KC Ross has also lined up some display tables for general non train MOCs for all PennLUG members to use.

          I'll have more details on the train stuff soon

          Cale

          Message 4 of 13 , Jul 17, 2009
            Thanks Chris! Unfortunately I won't be able to make it tomorrow, but I should be able to get out to future meetings. Cale, I would like to bring my engines. I don't know if I'll bring the UPs to BrickFair, as they aren't suited to much else than parking, but the Triplex is running well now, and the S2 will be done by then, so I'll definitely want to bring them to run on the layout. I don't have any buildings or other train realted stuff, but I may bring along one or two other theme mocs.