RE: [PennLUG] Introduction

  • VZE2DPYQ
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 15, 2009
      Hi Mike,

      Great to hear from you.  Our meetings are always fun.  We talk about a lot of things, mostly LEGO.

      I'd like to see your cathedral.  I want to build a church.  How far along are you with the Pantheon?  I'd love to see that too.  Sometimes its interesting to see something coming together in stages.  Cale has a train station he's building.  He brought it to a meeting partially built and we could see more of the interior details of construction.  Its going to be very impressive when its done.

      We usually rotate around where we have our meetings.  We're having a meeting this Saturday in Allentown.  You're welcome to join us, your father too.

      I live in Camp Hill and am looking for people to car-poole with.  I can seat up to 7 people but it would cozy for the 3 people in the middle seat.  If there are only 5 going from here I can also fit lots of goodies for "show and tell".  With 6 or 7 people I'll have to re-install the middle seat but that would still leave room for stuff behind the 3rd seat - just not as much room.  So far I have 2 to 4 people, including me.  Its about 1:40 drive to Joel's house from mine.  I'd like to leave a little after 9:00 am and maybe stop at a BK for a breakfast sandwich.

      Michael Tighe

      "There is no such thing as too much LEGO."

      Message 2 of 9 , Oct 8, 2009
        Hi. I've been on the mail list for a few months now, so I figure it's time I introduced myself. I'm Rob and I live in Philadelphia. I loved LEGO as a kid and now that I have a home with the space, I got my collection out of storage and rediscovered my hobby.

        My LEGO related photography (my own creations and stuff I've seen) are up on Flickr:

        http://www.flickr.com/photos/rgb/collections/72157619692379991/

        I'll try to photo and upload some more of my buildings soon.

        The next meeting is this weekend in Havertown, right? How close is it to a SEPTA stop? I'd like to finally get out to one of the meetings. Look forward to seeing everyone.

        - Rob
      • automechanic
        Message 3 of 9 , Oct 8, 2009
          welcome and thanks for the intro. hope to see you at the meeting. once you start coming you will get hooked. dont know about the location of a septa stop but if you send me your addy i will see where your at. if its not too far out of the way i can give you a ride. then you could bring stuff to show off. hope tp see ypu saturday.

          rgbender wrote:

          > Hi. I've been on the mail list for a few months now, so I figure it's time I introduced myself. I'm Rob and I live in Philadelphia. I loved LEGO as a kid and now that I have a home with the space, I got my collection out of storage and rediscovered my hobby.
          > My LEGO related photography (my own creations and stuff I've seen) are up on Flickr:
          > http://www.flickr com/photos/ rgb/collections/ 7215761969237999 1/
          > I'll try to photo and upload some more of my buildings soon.
          > The next meeting is this weekend in Havertown, right? How close is it to a SEPTA stop? I'd like to finally get out to one of the meetings. Look forward to seeing everyone..
          > - Rob

        • jpark4evr
          Message 4 of 9 , Oct 10, 2009
            Hi, and welcome to the group. You have a good start there with some of those buildings and vigs. I look forward to seeing what you continue to churn out.

            Matt