Re: [Pennlug] BrickFair layout - IMPORTANT!

    Message 1 of 13 , Jun 30, 2009
      OK. I admit I have not been paying attention to this one enough. Between
      Brickworld the last minute NMRA thing and non LEGO stuff I let BrickFair
      slide to the back burner. Sorry about that.

      I'm not sure who Jessica is (haven't met her) but Justin is a WamaLTC
      regular and I talked with him back at the end of April at the B&O Museum
      and through email about BrickFair.

      However I haven't reserved any space because I don't know what we need.
      I only have rough dimensions on Matt's stuff (are you still coming Matt
      and can you reconfirm what space you need?) and my stuff. I need to know
      what if anything other members would like to contribute and I don't mean
      daydream 6ft working drawbridges that probably won't get built. I need
      confirmed MOC's and their dimensions and preferably soon. Other wise
      I'll go with what I have which isn't much.

      Cale

      __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4202 (20090630) __________

      http://www.eset.com
    • kreativkc@aol.com
      Message 2 of 13 , Jul 1, 2009
        I will be bringing the park, which will be the same size as before, green 32x32 baseplates, 2 deep, 3 wide, and I hope Cale can bring the 3 plates with track, water crossing, and station, that go infront of it. Also, if anyone wants me to, I can increase the park size to 2 deep and 4 wide, just let me know, but then I would need another track plate from Cale too. KC

        In a message dated 7/1/2009 12:22:37 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time, steampoweredbricks@... writes:
        I need
        confirmed MOC's and their dimensions and preferably soon. Other wise
        I'll go with what I have which isn't much.
      • VZE2DPYQ
        Message 3 of 13 , Jul 1, 2009
          Josh and Kyle,

          To make it easier to calculate, can you guys figure out how many large (48x48) and/or small (32x32) baseplates each thing takes and perhaps in combination to make things fit whole numbers of large/small plates?  I'm sure Cale would appreciate that.

          Michael Tighe

          Message 4 of 13 , Jul 1, 2009
            Tried to reply to this from my phone, but it would only let me reply to whoever was the last to post. Sorry about that Cale.

            Ok here is what I have. Other then my vehicals that I built for filler, I have a garage/junkyard.

            The junkyard section takes up two large 48x48 plates. The garage building takes up 1 and a 1/4 48x48 plate sections sitting in front of the junkyard. The other 3/4 (which I need help designing) is let for filler and road way into the junkyard gate.

            I was also planning on bringing my old police and public works set, which sit on a total of three 32x32 base plates. I was just bringing those as filler, but can leave them behind if we are short on space.

            Also with the Junkyard I need contributions from all of those willing. The junkyard has spaces for 24 cars/trucks. Each car/truck is to fit into a space 12studs long and 10 studs wide. There is no way I can build 24 junked lego cars in time for brick fair. So I am asking if any of you would be willing to build one, maybe two, junked lego vehicals? If each of us did that we could easily fill up a good portion of the junkyard. Plus the junkyard doesn't need to have all 24 spaces filled. I can easily leave some empty spaces with "junk parts" lying around. If you guys are willing to help with this let me know.

            Cale, let me know if you want me to bring the police station and public works. I need to know as soon as you can because they aren't completely built at the moment and I will need to get on that if you want them included. These sets are not MOC's they are official LEGO sets from back in the 80's.

          • automechanic
            Message 5 of 13 , Jul 1, 2009
              Also I forgot. I need someone to make custom decals for my delivery truck. Basically this is what I am looking for. I want the Classic Space logo in green. Except remove the planet from the center and add a icon of the lego green apple. Plus some letting that says Green Grocer express delivery. Or if thats too long express delivery would work.

              I would also like a custom decal that says Evil Jacks Brick Yard or something like that. Its for the junkyard. Unless one of you is creative enough to make me a sign out of legos bricks. That would be much appreciated.

            • joshuamsanders
              Message 6 of 13 , Jul 1, 2009
                Measurements... (1 Baseplate = 32 x 32)

                Roundhouse + Turntable + Motor Building = 3.5 x 4 bps

                Airport w/ Road baseplates in front + Runway Terminals w/ Monorail Terminal = 1 x 4 (roads) 2 x 4 (airport + terminals) bps

                Runway = 1 x 5 bps

                Intermodal Crane + Truck Terminal + sidings = however long you want to make it...x 2 bps

                Grain Elevator Siding = 3.5 x 2 studs

                Train Double Track Truss Bridge = 1 x 4

                Message 7 of 13 , Jul 1, 2009
                  --- In Pennlug@yahoogroups.com, kreativkc@... wrote:

                  > I will be bringing the park, which will be the same size as before, green
                  > 32x32 baseplates, 2 deep, 3 wide, and I hope Cale can bring the 3 plates
                  > with track, water crossing, and station, that go infront of it. Also, if
                  > anyone wants me to, I can increase the park size to 2 deep and 4 wide, just let
                  > me know, but then I would need another track plate from Cale too. KC

                  I still have them. Actually I haven't even unpacked them yet so no problem in bringing them.

                  Message 8 of 13 , Jul 1, 2009
                    --- In Pennlug@yahoogroups.com, automechanic <automechanic@...> wrote:

                    > Tried to reply to this from my phone, but it would only let me reply to whoever was the last to post. Sorry about that Cale.
                    >
                    > Ok here is what I have. Other then my vehicals that I built for filler, I have a garage/junkyard.
                    >
                    > The junkyard section takes up two large 48x48 plates. The garage building takes up 1 and a 1/4 48x48 plate sections sitting in front of the junkyard. The other 3/4 (which I need help designing) is let for filler and road way into the junkyard gate.

                    Cool. So is the total area 2x2 48's?

                    > I was also planning on bringing my old police and public works set, which sit on a total of three 32x32 base plates. I was just bringing those as filler, but can leave them behind if we are short on space.

                    The Public Works set stumped me so I looked it up.

                    http://guide.lugnet.com/set/6383

                    That's a pretty sweet set. I think we could work it and the Police station in some where. what set # is the station?

                    > Also with the Junkyard I need contributions from all of those willing. The junkyard has spaces for 24 cars/trucks. Each car/truck is to fit into a space 12studs long and 10 studs wide. There is no way I can build 24 junked lego cars in time for brick fair. So I am asking if any of you would be willing to build one, maybe two, junked lego vehicals? If each of us did that we could easily fill up a good portion of the junkyard. Plus the junkyard doesn't need to have all 24 spaces filled. I can easily leave some empty spaces with "junk parts" lying around. If you guys are willing to help with this let me know.

                    I have some mics. vehicles that might work.

                    Message 9 of 13 , Jul 1, 2009
                      --- In Pennlug@yahoogroups.com, "joshuamsanders" <joshuamsanders@...> wrote:

                      > Measurements... (1 Baseplate = 32 x 32)
                      >
                      > Roundhouse + Turntable + Motor Building = 3.5 x 4 bps
                      >
                      > Airport w/ Road baseplates in front + Runway Terminals w/ Monorail Terminal = 1 x 4 (roads) 2 x 4 (airport + terminals) bps
                      >
                      > Runway = 1 x 5 bps
                      >
                      > Intermodal Crane + Truck Terminal + sidings = however long you want to make it...x 2 bps
                      >
                      > Grain Elevator Siding = 3.5 x 2 studs
                      >
                      > Train Double Track Truss Bridge = 1 x 4
                      >
                      > I also have a lot of road baseplates + cars, trucks, airplanes, boats (if you wanted to do a dock area)
                      >
                      > About... 35 Pieces of Rolling stock, our locos can be put in the roundhouse.
                      >
                      > Cale, feel free to call or email us if you want help placing anything...
                      >
                      > Take it easy,
                      > -Josh & Kyle

                      Sweet. Since you guy's have a lot of stuff with track connections I was wondering if might have photos of how the tracks connect or could map out the connections in Track Designer or Track Draw. It would help in laying things out.

                      Message 10 of 13 , Jul 1, 2009
                        Yes, Cale. I would still like to go. I can't remember how big I said everything would be, but if I remember right, everything should be figured out correctly since their already built, with the exception the battlefield/plantation. I can remember what I said for how big I would like it to be, and I don't know if I will be able to expand on it as much as I had originally hoped for. However, I would leave it as is just in case I actually do finish it (it all depends on money, which can't be too much, and whether or not I get everything on time). I was also thinking about making a few more homes to add to the layout with the ones I have, so if there's leftover space from the battlefield another building could occupy the equivalent space. Does anyone else have any houses they could contribute to a residential neighborhood? I already have four, and there's always room for more. :-) Even if you were to make just one it would add a little more character to the town.

                        Oh yeah, and are we going to use the modular building stuff, because I have all three sets and could bring what I have or the additions to stack on someone else's.

                        Matt
                        --- In Pennlug@yahoogroups.com, Cale Leiphart <steampoweredbricks@...> wrote:

                        > OK. I admit I have not been paying attention to this one enough. Between
                        > Brickworld the last minute NMRA thing and non LEGO stuff I let BrickFair
                        > slide to the back burner. Sorry about that.
                        >
                        > I'm not sure who Jessica is (haven't met her) but Justin is a WamaLTC
                        > regular and I talked with him back at the end of April at the B&O Museum
                        > and through email about BrickFair.
                        >
                        > However I haven't reserved any space because I don't know what we need.
                        > I only have rough dimensions on Matt's stuff (are you still coming Matt
                        > and can you reconfirm what space you need?) and my stuff. I need to know
                        > what if anything other members would like to contribute and I don't mean
                        > daydream 6ft working drawbridges that probably won't get built. I need
                        > confirmed MOC's and their dimensions and preferably soon. Other wise
                        > I'll go with what I have which isn't much.
                        >
                        > Cale
                        >
                        > VZE2DPYQ wrote:
                        > >

                        > > After Brickworld Todd Webb (Founder of Brickfair) asked me if PennLUG was
                        > > going to have a train layout at Brickfair. I told him we were planning
                        > > on a
                        > > large layout. He replied back that there may be limited room let.
                        > >
                        > > If someone (Cale?) hasn't already reserved our space we (Cale?) need to do
                        > > so soon. The train coordinators are Justin Bentley and Jessica Plewes.
                        > >
                        > > I have their direct email addresses but I don't want to post them here
                        > > openly. (If needed, call me or write to my direct email for their email
                        > > addresses.)
                        > >
                        > > Michael Tighe
                        > >
                        > > "There is no such thing as too much LEGO."

                        > > signature database 4201 (20090630) __________

                        > > http://www.eset.com
                        >

                        > __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4202 (20090630) __________

                        > http://www.eset.com

                      • automechanic
                        Message 11 of 13 , Jul 2, 2009
                          Yes the garage/junkyard set is in a 2x2 pattern.

                          The link you posted is the Public Works set I have. It is built on two 32x32 stud bases in a 1x2 pattern.

                          The police station sits on one 32x32 stud base.
                          Here is a link.

                          Also if we still want to do a harbor set up I was planning on bringing a wood board we could cover in a blue cloth for water. It would need to be set up on boxes or something at the display for it to sit at the right height. Doesn't take up too much space if you guys want to bring it along. Just let me know. If not I will leave it be.

                          Message 12 of 13 , Jul 2, 2009
                            Sweet! I think I have 2 x12 32stud green base plates. does this sound right? No suburban houses for me but I do have a CC style house and garden so the modular street scene is in the plans.

                            Cale