NMRA - Update

  • ilikeitgui
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 23, 2009
      Hi Folks,

      Thought you might be interested to know that the LEGO group is going to be part of the NMRA event (see announcement below). I also want to know if any of you are interested in attending the show. I know Matt and I think Cale had posted an interest.

      Matt, do you still want to display your civil war scene and Japanese house?

      Jonathan

      --

      The LEGO Group to Participate in NMRA National Train Show 2009

      As part of the National Train Show on July 10-12, 2009 in Hartford, CT, Jamie Berard, set designer of the newly released 'Emerald Night' and employee of The LEGO Group (TLG), will participate as part of the show. Jamie will be giving a talk on both July 11 and 12 (Sat. and Sun.) about the design process and thinking that led up to the final 'Emerald Night' set, and about the Power functions components that support it. Fans are encouraged to participate to offer their views on the new platform. Jamie will also be available during the show for any questions you may have about his other excellent creations - Fast Flyer, Cafe Corner, Cool Convertible, Green Grocer, and newly announced Grand Carousel.

      Also as part of this year's show, Steve Witt, LEGO Community relations Coordinator for North America, has graciously offered to host the traditional ILTCO pizza party at LEGO corporate headquarters in Enfield, CT after the show on Sat. July 11. Along with pizza and hanging out with Steve, Jamie and some of the LEGO Master Builders from Enfield, other events such as tours of the model shop and parts of the campus will occur. All AFOL train show participants are invited to attend.

      To contribute to the layout please visit the Trains-n-Town NMRA 2009 forums at: http://www.trains-n-town.com/forum/index.php?forum=34

      Information about the National Train Show can be found at: http://www.nationaltrainshow.org/2009/hartford.html
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 23, 2009
        Hi Jonathan

         Matt will be unable to attend. I was hopping I could split some of the costs with him but he has opted to attend BrickFair instead. But I am still interested and two of our other members Mike Tighe and Chris Edwards may be as well. I really want to attend (Steve Witt was begging us to come at Brickworld) but hotel costs would be a deal killer for me to go it alone. I will find out from Chris and Mike soon if they can make it.

        Cale

        __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4181 (20090623) __________

        http://www.eset.com

        __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4181 (20090623) __________

        http://www.eset.com
      • weasel474747
        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 24, 2009
          I'm not on call for work that weekend (well, I sort of am but only as a back-up), so I may be able to go...
        • ilikeitgui
          Message 4 of 8 , Jun 24, 2009
            Hi Cale,

            I posted to the NELUG forum to see if any of our members are still looking for roommates.

            Also the Crown Plaza has an NMRA discount, making a room with two doubles $110 a night plus $2 parking on weekdays (free on weekends). There are at least four NELUG members staying there. You can probably find cheaper rates outside of Hartford though if you don't mind paying $13 for parking at the convention center.

            The Red Roof Inn in Enfield (30 min drive) is nice and has free Bickfords breakfast. I've stayed there several times. Not sure about places closer to Hartford.

            I'm staying at the Holiday Express with my wife, because a double bed is just to small for us.

            Jonathan
            Message 5 of 8 , Jul 1, 2009
              Hi Jonathon,
              Sorry for my late reply. I've been pretty busy with work and a summer class which finally ended today. But like Cale said, I unfortunately can't make it this year like I wanted to. Believe me, I would love to be up there next weekend, but things didn't work out as I had hoped. I apologize and wish you all luck with the show and hope that all goes well.

              Matt

              Message 6 of 8 , Jul 2, 2009
                For all those interested in possibly attending the NMRA show in Hartford.

                I am definitely going. I have a room reserved at the Crown Plaza which is only a few blocks from the convention center for Thursday night through Sunday. If you want to come and can help contribute anything towards the room cost that would be greatly appreciated but not necessary. If you cant help out with the room don't worry. Your still welcome to come and stay.

                My plan is since I will have MOC's to contribute to the layout to drive up Thursday morning and be there in the afternoon for set up and leave to come home Sunday night after tear down.

                I have room in my car for another person if any one wants to join me. Company for the trip would be awesome and I'd even be willing to let you ride for free.

                If you're interested or have any questions drop me an email or give me a call on my cell. I'll be out of town this weekend and may not get emails until Sunday but I'll have my phone handy.

                And if you want to attend the NMRA show then head on over to the Trains-N-Town forums and leave a message in the NMRA I Want to Contribute thread so the organizers know who is coming.

                http://www.trains-n-town.com/forum/viewtopic.php?showtopic=761

                Cale

                Message 7 of 8 , Jul 7, 2009
                  So I guess it's just me then.

                  Cale

                  Message 8 of 8 , Jul 7, 2009
                    I'll tentatively show up on Friday night and stay until Sunday morning. I asked Carter if he wants to go (he expressed interest before). If I do that, will it be ok if I show up rather late on Friday? Will you be up late?

                    -Chris