RE: [PennLUG] Re: Brick World Planning

  • VZE2DPYQ
    Message 1 of 16 , May 31, 2009
      I'm sure we can manage.  I especially like the idea of the roof thing.  How big is it collapsed and expanded?  Can it fit inside the car until needed?

      Michael Tighe

      Message 2 of 16 , Jun 1, 2009
        The roof thing is made entirely of canvas, and can be collapsed to almost negligible size (it's tucked in a corner of my trunk right now). I don't know exactly how much it can hold when expanded (it's hard to tell without trying), but I would guess it could hold at least several large pieces of luggage. A really rough estimate would be somewhere between 20 and 50 cubic feet... If you want, I can run it through a few tests before the next meeting to get more definitive answers.

        -Chris

        --- In Pennlug@yahoogroups.com, "VZE2DPYQ" <mike.tighe@...> wrote:

        > I'm sure we can manage. I especially like the idea of the roof thing. How
        > big is it collapsed and expanded? Can it fit inside the car until needed?
        >

        > Michael Tighe

      • VZE2DPYQ
        Message 3 of 16 , Jun 1, 2009
          Chris,

          What are the dimensions?  Can you measure it?  Would you be able to see roughly how many of those boxes you were using to check the capacity of KC's car will fit inside?  That might be helpful.

          The next thing would be to see if we can get something solid to go across the rails to keep it off the actual roof.  I think I have a couple 2x4's I could fit in the car to support the underside of the canvas thing if we need it.