Brick World Planing

    Message 1 of 16 , May 18 7:40 PM
      Here is the most current layout I have come up with for Brickworld.

      http://www.flickr.com/photos/steampoweredbricks/3544782534/

      Of course this is all dependent on how much we can fit in our vehicles. If I have any of the base plate dimensions off let me know.

      Matt. Can you give me some details on your church for the MOC card?

      Message 2 of 16 , May 19 7:53 PM
        I've been looking into getting PennLUG shirts made. I've been playing with some options on CustomInk.com and here is the design I have so far.

        Proposed PennLUG shirt

        If that link dose not work you can see the front and back here and here.

        The shirt is a Gildan Ultra Cotton  T (a good quality shirt) in white. The PennLUG American Gothic  logo would be screen printed on the back and a yellow and blue PennLUG  logo would be screen printed on the front. The minimum order is 6 shirts with a cost of roughly $30.00 each. The bigger the order the lower the cost would be per shirt so the more we buy the cheaper they get.

        I'm open to any suggestions or changes. I would like to get these made up in time for Brickworld (the time they quote from order placement to package arival is 14 days) so if  any one is interested please let me know soon.

        Cale
      • weasel474747
        Message 3 of 16 , May 20 2:55 PM
          That shirt looks good. Would we get white, or what? It looks like other colors would add 60 cents per shirt (but we'd have to get at least 6 of the same color). Either way, put me down for a men's medium!

          Another note on Brickworld planning: my dad has a collapsible (canvas) car top carrier that we can probably use. I haven't looked at it yet, but if we can put all our clothing bags in there, we'd have lots of space for Lego...
          I'll see if I can borrow it in time for the next meeting.

          -Chris

          Message 4 of 16 , May 20 5:20 PM
            Yes my initial thought was white. But I'm open to other colors if we can agree on one.

            And just to make it clear this is open to all members not just us going to Brickworld. And if any one wants some to give to friends or family that's cool too.

            With Chris that brings the total to seven. I was already planing on ordering six for myself and giving one to a friend and 2 to family members. That brings the price per shirt down to $26.75 each.

            Cale

            --- In Pennlug@yahoogroups.com, "weasel474747" <cjedwards47@...> wrote:

            > That shirt looks good. Would we get white, or what? It looks like other colors would add 60 cents per shirt (but we'd have to get at least 6 of the same color). Either way, put me down for a men's medium!
            >
            > Another note on Brickworld planning: my dad has a collapsible (canvas) car top carrier that we can probably use. I haven't looked at it yet, but if we can put all our clothing bags in there, we'd have lots of space for Lego...
            > I'll see if I can borrow it in time for the next meeting.
            >
            > -Chris
            >
            > --- In Pennlug@yahoogroups.com, "Cale Leiphart" <steampoweredbricks@> wrote:
            > >
            > > I've been looking into getting PennLUG shirts made. I've been playing
            > > with some options on CustomInk.com <http://www.customink.com/> and here
            > > is the design I have so far.
            > >
            > > Proposed PennLUG shirt
            > > <http://www.customink.com/designs/pennlug01/12921064-2738295/hotlink?cm_\
            > > ven=hotlink&cm_cat=2&cm_pla=Body_txt&cm_ite=design>
            > >
            > > If that link dose not work you can see the front and back here
            > > <http://www.flickr.com/photos/steampoweredbricks/3546954723/in/set-72157\
            > > 613266537477/> and here
            > > <http://www.flickr.com/photos/steampoweredbricks/3546954737/in/set-72157\
            > > 613266537477/> .
            > >

            > > The shirt is a Gildan Ultra Cotton
            > > <http://www.customink.com/styles/gildan-ultra-cotton-t/04600> T (a
            > > good quality shirt) in white. The PennLUG American Gothic
            > > <http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=3070238> logo would
            > > be screen printed on the back and a yellow and blue PennLUG
            > > <http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=3070237> logo would
            > > be screen printed on the front. The minimum order is 6 shirts with a
            > > cost of roughly $30.00 each. The bigger the order the lower the cost
            > > would be per shirt so the more we buy the cheaper they get.
            > >
            > > I'm open to any suggestions or changes. I would like to get these made
            > > up in time for Brickworld (the time they quote from order placement to
            > > package arival is 14 days) so if any one is interested please let me
            > > know soon.
            > >
            > > Cale

          • Arthur Stromberg
            Message 5 of 16 , May 21 11:08 AM
              I would be down with grabbing 4 i would need 2 XL and i think 2XXL I
              will have to confirm that 2XXL

              Arthur

              Message 6 of 16 , May 21 6:30 PM
                Assuming all of you so far are ok with the original proposal and also assuming Aurthur wants the 2 2XLs then that brings us up to a total of 11. Which make the price per shirt $20.22. This doesn't include KC yet as she may go with an alternate option.

                Cale

              • kreativkc@aol.com
                Message 7 of 16 , May 22 3:09 AM
                  as per my email, I will go with the order no matter what colour shirt, and where the logo is.... but IF the big design can be switched to the front I would also like a large for Trev.

                  Message 8 of 16 , May 22 11:22 AM
                    I could go for 2 XL shirts myself. I think it looks best on the white.
                    The black is a little harder to make out on the dark blue, and I do
                    agree that the white on blue looks a little bizarro. What would yellow
                    ink on blue look like? Probably just as strange. The shirts don't
                    necessarily have to be state colors though.
                  • weasel474747
                    Message 9 of 16 , May 22 9:19 PM
                      I've decided that I would really like to bring my big Fighting for Life diorama to Brickworld. At the last meeting we figured out how many paper boxes could fit in KC's trunk, but now I'm thinking I won't be bringing as many that size (unless we somehow end up with more space than we need, which I'm not going to count on). I put some more time and thought into packing, and I now have everything from Fighting For Life as well as all the smaller spaceships I want to bring in one rubber bin that should be able to fit wherever and one big box that's about 2' by 2'6" by 1'6" tall (and can't really be oriented differently, because of the various fragile stuff arranged in it). The box should be able to have things stacked on top of it, as long as they're not ridiculously heavy. In addition to that, I would still like to bring probably 4 boxes of the type that I was testing in KC's trunk.
                      Does anyone think this will be a problem? Especially if I borrow the collapsible car-top carrier my dad has for luggage on the roof, it seems like we'll have plenty of space. Am I delusional?

                      Thanks,

                      Message 10 of 16 , May 24 6:02 PM
                        I suspect we will be doing a lot of pre trip packing planing at our next meeting. So who here is good at Tetris? The car carrier could be a big help.

                        Speaking of our next meeting who would like to host?

                        Cale

                        --- In Pennlug@yahoogroups.com, "weasel474747" <cjedwards47@...> wrote:

                        > I've decided that I would really like to bring my big Fighting for Life diorama to Brickworld. At the last meeting we figured out how many paper boxes could fit in KC's trunk, but now I'm thinking I won't be bringing as many that size (unless we somehow end up with more space than we need, which I'm not going to count on). I put some more time and thought into packing, and I now have everything from Fighting For Life as well as all the smaller spaceships I want to bring in one rubber bin that should be able to fit wherever and one big box that's about 2' by 2'6" by 1'6" tall (and can't really be oriented differently, because of the various fragile stuff arranged in it). The box should be able to have things stacked on top of it, as long as they're not ridiculously heavy. In addition to that, I would still like to bring probably 4 boxes of the type that I was testing in KC's trunk.
                        > Does anyone think this will be a problem? Especially if I borrow the collapsible car-top carrier my dad has for luggage on the roof, it seems like we'll have plenty of space. Am I delusional?
                        >
                        > Thanks,
                        > Chris
                        >
                        > --- In Pennlug@yahoogroups.com, "Cale Leiphart" <steampoweredbricks@> wrote:
                        > >
                        > > Here is the most current layout I have come up with for Brickworld.
                        > >
                        > > http://www.flickr.com/photos/steampoweredbricks/3544782534/
                        > >
                        > > Of course this is all dependent on how much we can fit in our vehicles. If I have any of the base plate dimensions off let me know.
                        > >
                        > > Matt. Can you give me some details on your church for the MOC card?
                        > >
                        > > Cale

                      • automechanic
                        Message 11 of 16 , May 24 7:02 PM
                          I will be there. Gonna try and have mine set up so I can show them off then pack them back up.

                        • weasel474747
                          Message 12 of 16 , May 24 11:01 PM
                            I got the car carrier from my dad today, so we'll be able to check it out at the next meeting. I think it's easily big enough to hold all of our clothing.
                            I'm good at Tetris!
                            I got permission from my roommate (Tad) to have the June meeting here in Havertown again, if people are interested (the store we went to last time--Nicolas Smith Trains--is having a sidewalk sale that day).

                            Message 13 of 16 , May 25 4:41 PM
                              --- In Pennlug@yahoogroups.com, "weasel474747" <cjedwards47@...> wrote:

                              > I got the car carrier from my dad today, so we'll be able to check it out at the next meeting. I think it's easily big enough to hold all of our clothing.

                              Sweet!

                              > I'm good at Tetris!

                              Then this should help you.
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmCCQxVBfyM&feature=related

                              > I got permission from my roommate (Tad) to have the June meeting here in Havertown again, if people are interested (the store we went to last time--Nicolas Smith Trains--is having a sidewalk sale that day).
                              > -Chris

                              Also sweet! I have no objections.

                              Cale

                              > --- In Pennlug@yahoogroups.com, "Cale Leiphart" <steampoweredbricks@> wrote:
                              > >
                              > > I suspect we will be doing a lot of pre trip packing planing at our next meeting. So who here is good at Tetris? The car carrier could be a big help.
                              > >
                              > > Speaking of our next meeting who would like to host?
                              > >
                              > > Cale
                              > >
                              > > --- In Pennlug@yahoogroups.com, "weasel474747" <cjedwards47@> wrote:
                              > > >
                              > > > I've decided that I would really like to bring my big Fighting for Life diorama to Brickworld. At the last meeting we figured out how many paper boxes could fit in KC's trunk, but now I'm thinking I won't be bringing as many that size (unless we somehow end up with more space than we need, which I'm not going to count on). I put some more time and thought into packing, and I now have everything from Fighting For Life as well as all the smaller spaceships I want to bring in one rubber bin that should be able to fit wherever and one big box that's about 2' by 2'6" by 1'6" tall (and can't really be oriented differently, because of the various fragile stuff arranged in it). The box should be able to have things stacked on top of it, as long as they're not ridiculously heavy. In addition to that, I would still like to bring probably 4 boxes of the type that I was testing in KC's trunk.
                              > > > Does anyone think this will be a problem? Especially if I borrow the collapsible car-top carrier my dad has for luggage on the roof, it seems like we'll have plenty of space. Am I delusional?
                              > > >
                              > > > Thanks,
                              > > > Chris

                            • VZE2DPYQ
                              Message 14 of 16 , May 31 7:23 PM
                                I'm sure we can manage.  I especially like the idea of the roof thing.  How big is it collapsed and expanded?  Can it fit inside the car until needed?

                                Michael Tighe

                                I've decided that I would really like to bring my big Fighting for Life diorama to Brickworld. At the last meeting we figured out how many paper boxes could fit in KC's trunk, but now I'm thinking I won't be bringing as many that size (unless we somehow end up with more space than we need, which I'm not going to count on). I put some more time and thought into packing, and I now have everything from Fighting For Life as well as all the smaller spaceships I want to bring in one rubber bin that should be able to fit wherever and one big box that's about 2' by 2'6" by 1'6" tall (and can't really be oriented differently, because of the various fragile stuff arranged in it). The box should be able to have things stacked on top of it, as long as they're not ridiculously heavy. In addition to that, I would still like to bring probably 4 boxes of the type that I was testing in KC's trunk.
                                Does anyone think this will be a problem? Especially if I borrow the collapsible car-top carrier my dad has for luggage on the roof, it seems like we'll have plenty of space. Am I delusional?

                                Thanks,
                                Chris

                                --- In Pennlug@yahoogroups .com, "Cale Leiphart" <steampoweredbricks @...> wrote:

                                > Here is the most current layout I have come up with for Brickworld.
                                >
                                > http://www.flickr. com/photos/ steampoweredbric ks/3544782534/
                                >
                                > Of course this is all dependent on how much we can fit in our vehicles. If I have any of the base plate dimensions off let me know.
                                >
                                > Matt. Can you give me some details on your church for the MOC card?
                                >
                                > Cale

                              • weasel474747
                                Message 15 of 16 , Jun 1, 2009
                                  The roof thing is made entirely of canvas, and can be collapsed to almost negligible size (it's tucked in a corner of my trunk right now). I don't know exactly how much it can hold when expanded (it's hard to tell without trying), but I would guess it could hold at least several large pieces of luggage. A really rough estimate would be somewhere between 20 and 50 cubic feet... If you want, I can run it through a few tests before the next meeting to get more definitive answers.

                                  -Chris

                                  --- In Pennlug@yahoogroups.com, "VZE2DPYQ" <mike.tighe@...> wrote:

                                  > I'm sure we can manage. I especially like the idea of the roof thing. How
                                  > big is it collapsed and expanded? Can it fit inside the car until needed?
                                  >

                                  > Michael Tighe

                                • VZE2DPYQ
                                  Message 16 of 16 , Jun 1, 2009
                                    Chris,

                                    What are the dimensions?  Can you measure it?  Would you be able to see roughly how many of those boxes you were using to check the capacity of KC's car will fit inside?  That might be helpful.

                                    The next thing would be to see if we can get something solid to go across the rails to keep it off the actual roof.  I think I have a couple 2x4's I could fit in the car to support the underside of the canvas thing if we need it.