Re: PennLUG Community Window at King of Prussia

  • weasel474747
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 31 9:08 PM
      --- In Pennlug@yahoogroups.com, "Cale Leiphart" <steampoweredbricks@...> wrote:

      > It's been a while since we discussed our window display at the King of
      > Prussia LEGO store. I know Chris has had his awesome MOC in the window
      > since January and while it's a great display it's probably time to think
      > about changing it out. So here is my Idea.
      >
      > I'm willing to put my Power Functions based Pennsy H10s
      > <http://news.lugnet.com/trains/?n=30696> in the next display. With the
      > launch of the new LEGO Power Functions trains coming in April a PF based
      > train MOC would be a great tie in. I want to take this engine to
      > Brickworld <http://www.brickworld.us/> however so the display would
      > need to be swapped again before then.
      >
      > If no one objects we could change out the display at the next meeting.
      > If I remember KC offered to host next so I'd be heading that direction.
      >
      > Cale

      That sounds like a fine idea. I can remove my thing on that day or in advance. Are you thinking you'll just put the engine in by itself, or with a backdrop of some kind, or what?

      -Chris
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 5, 2009
        --- In Pennlug@yahoogroups.com, "weasel474747" <cjedwards47@...> wrote:

        > --- In Pennlug@yahoogroups.com, "Cale Leiphart" <steampoweredbricks@> wrote:
        > >
        > > It's been a while since we discussed our window display at the King of
        > > Prussia LEGO store. I know Chris has had his awesome MOC in the window
        > > since January and while it's a great display it's probably time to think
        > > about changing it out. So here is my Idea.
        > >
        > > I'm willing to put my Power Functions based Pennsy H10s
        > > <http://news.lugnet.com/trains/?n=30696> in the next display. With the
        > > launch of the new LEGO Power Functions trains coming in April a PF based
        > > train MOC would be a great tie in. I want to take this engine to
        > > Brickworld <http://www.brickworld.us/> however so the display would
        > > need to be swapped again before then.
        > >
        > > If no one objects we could change out the display at the next meeting.
        > > If I remember KC offered to host next so I'd be heading that direction.
        > >
        > > Cale
        > >

        > That sounds like a fine idea. I can remove my thing on that day or in advance. Are you thinking you'll just put the engine in by itself, or with a backdrop of some kind, or what?
        >
        > -Chris

        I wasn't considering an elaborate backdrop. I wanted the main focus to be the engine and the new Power Function system it uses. Kind of showing what can be done when you want to go beyond the new Emerald Night set. So maybe hang up a few photos showing the internals and a maybe a short blurb explaining things and pointing out that instructions can be found in RailBricks.

        We can work out swapping details when KC send out details for this Saturday's meeting.

        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 9, 2009
          I'm thinking it would work better for me to put my display in after the meeting since I'll be headed back that way and will have more time. I'll probably be leaving by 5. It's up to you Chris weather you want to pull your MOC out before or after the meeting.

          Cale

          --- In Pennlug@yahoogroups.com, "Cale Leiphart" <steampoweredbricks@...> wrote:

          > --- In Pennlug@yahoogroups.com, "weasel474747" <cjedwards47@> wrote:
          > >
          > > --- In Pennlug@yahoogroups.com, "Cale Leiphart" <steampoweredbricks@> wrote:
          > > >
          > > > It's been a while since we discussed our window display at the King of
          > > > Prussia LEGO store. I know Chris has had his awesome MOC in the window
          > > > since January and while it's a great display it's probably time to think
          > > > about changing it out. So here is my Idea.
          > > >
          > > > I'm willing to put my Power Functions based Pennsy H10s
          > > > <http://news.lugnet.com/trains/?n=30696> in the next display. With the
          > > > launch of the new LEGO Power Functions trains coming in April a PF based
          > > > train MOC would be a great tie in. I want to take this engine to
          > > > Brickworld <http://www.brickworld.us/> however so the display would
          > > > need to be swapped again before then.
          > > >
          > > > If no one objects we could change out the display at the next meeting.
          > > > If I remember KC offered to host next so I'd be heading that direction.
          > > >
          > > > Cale
          > > >

          > > That sounds like a fine idea. I can remove my thing on that day or in advance. Are you thinking you'll just put the engine in by itself, or with a backdrop of some kind, or what?
          > >
          > > -Chris
          > >

          > I wasn't considering an elaborate backdrop. I wanted the main focus to be the engine and the new Power Function system it uses. Kind of showing what can be done when you want to go beyond the new Emerald Night set. So maybe hang up a few photos showing the internals and a maybe a short blurb explaining things and pointing out that instructions can be found in RailBricks.
          >
          > We can work out swapping details when KC send out details for this Saturday's meeting.
          >
          > Cale

        • weasel474747
          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 10, 2009
            After the meeting will probably be easier for me as well...
            -Chris