Re:48x48 old light grey base plates

  • M G
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 1, 2009
      First time trying this so we'll see how it goes and if it posted correctly.  (im posting a response via email link)

      1.  I hope at no point Lego is deciding to stop production of the large gray baseplate.  Is the a color change inthe works? (that wouldn't surprise anyone)

      2.  I don't know where you are BUT, Call around to Toys R Us or a KB toy store.  Sometimes they get baseplate in this size.  (usually TRU does)

      3.  If anyone is going to the KOP store I heard a rumor there was lego store there.

    • automechanic
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 1, 2009
        They are still making the plates but in a different color. I need them in OldLightGrey, not the new bley color.

        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 2, 2009
          --- In Pennlug@yahoogroups.com, automechanic <automechanic@...> wrote:

          > They are still making the plates but in a different color. I need
          them in OldLightGrey, not the new bley color.

          While I'd rather not get rid of my 48x48 plates since I do use them I
          would be willing to trade my old grays for the new gray 48x48 plates.

          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 2, 2009
            Are you sure they're bley?  It may be possible that they've produced so many (to make the run cheap enough per piece) and never sold enough to have to start making them in bley...  I haven't bought any in a few years so I don't know for sure.  Can anybody verify the current color of the X-Large baseplate?

            Even if they are bley I doubt you'll get many takers at the price you offered.  Current price is $15 each.

            They are still making the plates but in a different color. I need them in OldLightGrey, not the new bley color.

            Message 5 of 7 , Mar 2, 2009
              They are making them in the newer light gray. I have a few.

              Cale

              --- In Pennlug@yahoogroups.com, "Michael Tighe" <mike.tighe@...> wrote:

              > Are you sure they're bley? It may be possible that they've produced
              so many
              > (to make the run cheap enough per piece) and never sold enough to
              have to
              > start making them in bley... I haven't bought any in a few years so
              I don't
              > know for sure. Can anybody verify the current color of the X-Large
              > baseplate?
              >
              > Even if they are bley I doubt you'll get many takers at the price you
              > offered. Current price is $15 each.

              Behalf Of

              Message 6 of 7 , Mar 3, 2009
                I can verify- I have at least one of each.
                David