48x48 old light grey base plates

  • automechanicx
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 28, 2009
      Hey I notice from the list of items that you guys are putting together
      for the cons that some of you have quite a few of these. Would any of
      you be willing to part with a few of them? I can find them on bricklink
      easy enough but only one at a time and its racking up the cost on
      shipping. I am willing to pay $10 a piece for them. I need 7. I was
      going to buy them one at a time as I started working on the sections.
      However the couple pieces here couple there is starting to drive me
      nuts. I decided I am going to start callculating what I need total for
      certian parts and buy them all in one shot. So I need the plates now
      because I want to start by building the entire foundation and working
      my way up. So let me know guys.
    • M G
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 1, 2009
        First time trying this so we'll see how it goes and if it posted correctly.  (im posting a response via email link)

        1.  I hope at no point Lego is deciding to stop production of the large gray baseplate.  Is the a color change inthe works? (that wouldn't surprise anyone)

        2.  I don't know where you are BUT, Call around to Toys R Us or a KB toy store.  Sometimes they get baseplate in this size.  (usually TRU does)

        3.  If anyone is going to the KOP store I heard a rumor there was lego store there.

      • automechanic
        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 1, 2009
          They are still making the plates but in a different color. I need them in OldLightGrey, not the new bley color.

          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 2, 2009
            --- In Pennlug@yahoogroups.com, automechanic <automechanic@...> wrote:

            > They are still making the plates but in a different color. I need
            them in OldLightGrey, not the new bley color.

            While I'd rather not get rid of my 48x48 plates since I do use them I
            would be willing to trade my old grays for the new gray 48x48 plates.

            Message 5 of 7 , Mar 2, 2009
              Are you sure they're bley?  It may be possible that they've produced so many (to make the run cheap enough per piece) and never sold enough to have to start making them in bley...  I haven't bought any in a few years so I don't know for sure.  Can anybody verify the current color of the X-Large baseplate?

              Even if they are bley I doubt you'll get many takers at the price you offered.  Current price is $15 each.

              They are still making the plates but in a different color. I need them in OldLightGrey, not the new bley color.

              Message 6 of 7 , Mar 2, 2009
                They are making them in the newer light gray. I have a few.

                Cale

                --- In Pennlug@yahoogroups.com, "Michael Tighe" <mike.tighe@...> wrote:

                > Are you sure they're bley? It may be possible that they've produced
                so many
                > (to make the run cheap enough per piece) and never sold enough to
                have to
                > start making them in bley... I haven't bought any in a few years so
                I don't
                > know for sure. Can anybody verify the current color of the X-Large
                > baseplate?
                >
                > Even if they are bley I doubt you'll get many takers at the price you
                > offered. Current price is $15 each.

                Behalf Of

                Message 7 of 7 , Mar 3, 2009
                  I can verify- I have at least one of each.
                  David