Inventories: Track, Baseplates, etc

    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 23, 2009
      I've started a spreadsheet with the numbers of each item.  As other members respond I'll enter their numbers.  Then I'll send the file around for large scale planning.

      This is Matt Hocker's inventory, copied from his post:

      Road Plates (green "grass" with dark bley roads):
      8 straight road plates
      5 curved road plates
      5 T-Intersection road plates

      Airport Runway Plates:
      2 straight
      1 cross
      I also have others that have narrower runway patterns

      9-V Train Track:
      3 Transformers (I plan on using one or more for lighting of certain MOCs)
      1 cross track
      1 pair of switching track
      42 straight rails
      36 curved rails

      Monorail Track:
      12 curved tracks
      2 inclines (2 pieces of track to 1 incline)
      9 straight tracks
      2 switches (for changing the direction of the monorail)
      10 small straight tracks
      18 tall support beams
      12 small support beams

      Michael Tighe's Inventory:

      9-V Train Track:
      (This is what I have quickly confirmed, mostly in unopened boxes.  I think I have some more in a bin somewhere.)

      320 Straight tracks (equal to over 133 feet)
      208 Curved tracks
      15 cross tracks
      12 pair of switching track (with their extra curves) + 1 extra left point
      8 Transformers
      > 30 motors

      Monorail Track:  (I'm looking for more monorail track if anyone is selling...  Especially long straights, points and short curves.)

       47 curved tracks
       14 Lower inclines
      14 Upper inclines
       16 straight tracks
       18 switches (for changing the direction of the monorail)
       29 small straight tracks
       78 tall support beams
       21 small support beams

      27 small leaning support beams

      I'm not sure which road plates are called what.  I'll post a picture and see if anyone knows for sure or we could just agree on names for identification and discussion.

      30 XL Grey baseplates
      7 Green baseplates

      I'll hazard a guess the Sanders brothers have a good bit of 9V track.  I'm sure that with all of us contributing as needed and able we can come up with some very impressive layouts.  However, I'm probably not the one to figure out how it should be laid out.  I'll leave that to the more experienced.

      Michael Tighe

      "There's no such thing as too much LEGO"

      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 25, 2009
        I'll help you out with Cale's inventory:

        300 lg grey baseplate
        6000 green baseplate
        untold numbers of road plates
        100 rail cars
        200 various engines with minute details
        2 lego trains he didnt modify
        there's gotta be 80lbs of flower stems, 60 lbs of flowers and 4 acres
        of tree
        8 minifigs
        1 brick seperator
        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 25, 2009
          --- In Pennlug@yahoogroups.com, "longhairedredneck220" <longhairedredneck220@...> wrote:

          > I'll help you out with Cale's inventory:
          >
          > 300 lg grey baseplate

          I wish.

          > 6000 green baseplate

          I don't think WamLTC, COLTC, and NELUG, combind have that many.

          > untold numbers of road plates

          Untold?

          > 100 rail cars

          Not Yet. :D

          > 200 various engines with minute details

          And where would I get all the train motors to power them?

          > 2 lego trains he didnt modify

          Wrong again. I don't bother with modifying stock LEGO trains. I Just build my own.

          > there's gotta be 80lbs of flower stems, 60 lbs of flowers and 4 acres
          > of trees

          Now your just being silly.

          > 8 minifigs

          I don't have my figs sorted but I'm pretty sure I have more than that.

          > 1 brick seperator

          I have 5 seperators. Now go back to your frozen Hades in Montana you deserter. :))

          Cale
          Go away or I shall taunt you a second time.
          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 25, 2009
            Holly Crap Micheal! Who exactly is the train guy here?

            Message 5 of 8 , Feb 25, 2009
              --- In Pennlug@yahoogroups.com, "Michael Tighe" <mike.tighe@...> wrote:

              > I've started a spreadsheet with the numbers of each item. As other members
              > respond I'll enter their numbers. Then I'll send the file around for large
              > scale planning.

              > Michael Tighe
              >

              > "There's no such thing as too much LEGO"

              OK Here is what I have that is not attatche to a MOC.

              267 strait track

              115 curve track

              5 cross track

              9 right and 9 left switch rails

              14 48x48 grey baseplates

              28 32x32 green baseplates

              12 32 x 32 Road Green 6-Stud Straight with Dark Gray Road

              4 32 x 32 Road Green 6-Stud Curve with Dark Gray Road

              3 32 x 32 Road Green 6-Stud T Intersection with Dark Gray Road and Crosswalk

              1 32 x 32 Road Green 6-Stud Crossroad with Dark Gray Road and Crosswalks

              Cale
              Need Trains

              Message 6 of 8 , Feb 25, 2009
> [...]
                > 21 small support beams
                > 27 small leaning support beams
                >

                > I'm not sure which road plates are called what. I'll post a picture
                and see
                > if anyone knows for sure or we could just agree on names for
                identification
                > and discussion.
                >
                > 30 XL Grey baseplates
                > 7 Green baseplates
                >

                > I'll hazard a guess the Sanders brothers have a good bit of 9V
                track. I'm
                > sure that with all of us contributing as needed and able we can come
                up with
                > some very impressive layouts. However, I'm probably not the one to
                figure
                > out how it should be laid out. I'll leave that to the more experienced.
                >

                > Michael Tighe
                >

                > "There's no such thing as too much LEGO"

                Thanks for posting that Mike, and thanks to Cale for posting his
                inventory. Seeing how much track you guys have is depressing. lol I
                always took it for granted and opted to buy other things instead.

                Anywho, I have some things to add to the list. Because I recently
                acquired a new train set, it had enough curved track to make a full
                circle (not sure how many that is), 2 straight tracks, and 1 switching
                track (right-hand switch). I figure it might also be a good idea to
                throw out there our official trains that are still built as well as
                some of the modular town sets that we have. They may be official
                sets, but collectively, we could make some sizable trains and
                buildings with them. Every little bit helps after all. So here's my
                list:
                1 Metroliner set (2 engines: 1 with motor, and 1 dining car)
                2 Metroliner Observation Cars
                2 Santa Fe Super Chief engines (1 with motor)
                5 Santa Fe Super Chief cars (Dining, Sleeper, Baggage, Mail, Observation)
                1 Cafe Corner
                1 Market Street
                1 Green Grocer

                With these things and base plates, I strongly encourage labeling your
                stuff with your name on the bottom. We don't want anyone losing their
                stuff. Also, even though Mike and Cale definitely have enough track
                to do the whole layout, I think it is best if each person who has a
                sizable amount of track is to commit to a section of the layout. That
                way it doesn't leave the burden on any single person to bring enough
                track.

                Also, it would be a very good idea to have marked on the layout plans
                where members will be positioning their track so they can go back home
                with what they came with. Markers like a specific type of minifig
                near the tracks might also be a good idea. With NMRA 2006, I found
                myself ending up with some dark bley track when I hadn't had any
                before, and someone wound up accidentally taking some of my track home
                so I was left short (I got it all back), and that's why I raise this
                point.

                I think I said this before, but our layout standard as far as sidewalk
                is considered has been using 2x2 light bley tiles to cover the edges
                alongside the road plates. If you want to put minifgs on there, all
                you have to do are use a combination of a 1x2 jumper plate with a 1x2
                tile. It's pretty effective at keeping them in place, and you can
                achieve a great variety of poses. And with the modular buildings, I
                have a few ideas. Some of the options of course include building up,
                but positioning two of the same sets side-by-side can also be
                effective. For example, I saw pictures from someone who built two
                green grocer sets, with one being a mirror image of the original, and
                they looked great together.

                Also, are we "ballasting" the track? I figured I'd see what the
                opinion is on that. If we decide to go this route, then that is all
                the more reason for each person with track to commit themselves to the
                section of track they would like to cover.

                This is all I could really think of right now, but any other
                ideas/suggestions are welcome.
              • automechanic
                Message 7 of 8 , Feb 26, 2009
                  Here is what I have.

                  Old police station and public works set. Only problem is that they are old grey and not bley so not sure if they will work with the set up you want. Plus I don't think the roads are as wide as you are planing. I have various vehicals that can be used. Most are 4 stud wide. I do have a 6 stud wide ice cream truck that I think would be cool to incorporate. Actually the theme at Brick Fair is food and drink. They will be giving specail awards for displays themed around or including food and drink. So the picnic scene would be cool, ice creme truck and anything else we can think of. I have a jet plane. Its an older one that is small, but it would fit in well as a private jet liner. Also I have my heli and crane that will be avaliable. There is a flatbed truck/heli set coming out soon. If its out in time I plan to have it modded as well and it can be used. Plus there are some other really cool city sets coming out this year that I think I may grab up cause they are cool and would look awsome in our display. There will be a sports car, tow-truck(I will definatly be getting ths), bus stop with bus, camper, and a few others. Plus I do have some trees and flowers if you guys need any of those. I can also donate plenty of minfigs. I pretty much have all my minfigs in a bag and could easily mix and match to make more people if you guys want. I can't help with base plates and train track, so if you guys just let me know what scenic or vehicular items you would like to see let me know and I will provide. Also I don't know if I will be able to make it to Chicago, but am willing to give someone permission to take my stuff with them if they want.

                • kreativkc@aol.com
                  Message 8 of 8 , Mar 1, 2009
                    In a message dated 2/25/2009 11:30:19 A.M. Eastern Standard Time, longhairedredneck220@... writes:
                    1 brick seperator
                    wow, I have one of those too. small world. LOL

                    ... but now I need a Modulex brick separater, but I don't think I will ever find one.

                    I don't have much that anyone else could use as far as baseplates/track. Only have 3 of the big gray ones, and only a tiny bit of track that came with the dwarf mine.  I do have a tiny island baseplate if we do an aquatic area. KC