still lurking between diaper changes...

  • Chris Forbes-Nicotera
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 4, 2009
      greetings:)

      hope everyone is well. i'm still around, and building alot in my brain
      though i haven't done much in real brick except for my town plan under
      the christmas tree. as for a crane car, if you want an idea, i posted a
      pic of mine which was also my first 8 wide! i brougt it for our first
      meeting at the new kop lego store:

      2473/view?picmode=&mode=tn&order=ordinal&start=1&count=20&dir=asc

      it's actually all geared up with rotation, boom adjustment and operatng
      winch. i put a lot of time into it, though i still haven't finished the
      cab on the tender yet. i think i might actually go to brickfair so that
      may inspire me to get 'er done:)

      how many of us are planning on going? it would be great to share room
      costs, though i'm through sleeping on the floor:P
      -chris
    • Chris Forbes-Nicotera
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 4, 2009
        hey matt!
        hope school's going well:) i'm pretty busy with my first practicum this
        semester. i love the freight yard idea. i have a warehouse that
        occupies 1-1/2 baseplates with a long dock that i designed to go with a
        siding. perhaps we could do a freight yard with an adjacent
        manufacturing distric? i also still have most of my buildings from nmra
        06 (small warehouse, coal tower, switching tower, billboards)

        -chris
        "let the organized planning chaos begin (or continue)"
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 5, 2009
          --- In Pennlug@yahoogroups.com, "Chris Forbes-Nicotera"
          <legolover530@...> wrote:

          > greetings:)
          >
          > hope everyone is well. i'm still around, and building alot in my brain
          > though i haven't done much in real brick except for my town plan under
          > the christmas tree. as for a crane car, if you want an idea, i posted a
          > pic of mine which was also my first 8 wide! i brougt it for our first
          > meeting at the new kop lego store:

          > 2473/view?picmode=&mode=tn&order=ordinal&start=1&count=20&dir=asc
          >
          > it's actually all geared up with rotation, boom adjustment and operatng
          > winch. i put a lot of time into it, though i still haven't finished the
          > cab on the tender yet. i think i might actually go to brickfair so that
          > may inspire me to get 'er done:)

          It's about time you do something. :)

          > how many of us are planning on going? it would be great to share room
          > costs, though i'm through sleeping on the floor:P
          > -chris

          I will be there.