Re: January meeting: when and where?

    Message 1 of 16 , Jan 17, 2009
      --- In Pennlug@yahoogroups.com, "Michael Tighe" <mike.tighe@...> wrote:

      > Yes, I'm still willing to host the next meeting. My mother's house is on
      > the West side of Lancaster, near F&M College.
      >
      > 438 State Street
      > Lancaster, PA 17603
      >
      > How about 11:00 am? Is that too early for anyone traveling?

      I'm fine with 11:00 if no one else has any objections.

      > We can sit around the living room and talk or in the dining room if we need
      > to take notes at the table. There is a good sized side board to display
      > anything brought along for Show & Tell. I'm thinking of bringing a bunch of
      > my Technic sets and maybe a robot if I have a chance to work on the program.

      Cool!

      > So Cale, if you've been building a lot, does that mean you're bringing some
      > thing(s) to show...?

      I may have some thing to show. Every one will just have to come to the meeting to find out. :D

      > I will have plenty of refreshments and we can order pizza delivered.
      >
      > I'm looking forward to seeing returning new members and new new members.
      > I'm going to have a lot to talk about. I thing PennLUG is going to have an
      > exciting year in 2009. Let's start it with a big turn out for the first
      > meeting of the year.
      >
      > Michael
      >
      > "There's no such thing as too much LEGO"

      Excellent!

      Cale
      Go Big!

    • kreativkc@aol.com
      Message 2 of 16 , Jan 18, 2009
        sounds fine to me. I should be there.

        Message 3 of 16 , Jan 22, 2009
          I'm resending my address for those who may need it.  I figure if you are reading this message you can look up the address on MapQuest or some such.

          I'd like the meeting to start at 11:00, since I've already received a number of confirmations that time is acceptable.

          I will provide refreshments then we can order pizza delivered and split the cost.

          PennLUG may known for its train builders.  However, I'm mostly into Technic and robotics.  All themes and ideas are always welcome in PennLUG.

          I will have a bunch of my Technic sets for display and hands-on demonstration.  (They're LEGO.  They're meant to be played with...)  I invite everyone to bring something for show-and-tell.  Personally, I'm hoping to see some of Charlottes cars.  If you can't bring any MOCs pictures would be great too.

          I look forward to seeing new members from recent meetings and meeting new members who have recently introduced themselves here.  Please be ready to talk about what you like to build, what you are building, what you want to build and perhaps even what you'd like to see/do with PennLUG.

          Michael Tighe

          "There's no such thing as too much LEGO."

          "LEGO is a medium through which imagination is made manifest."

          Message 4 of 16 , Jan 23, 2009
            So I got the reminder. Are you guys telling me that this meeting is
            24hrs long?? hehe.

            Also does anyone have the new Construction Site lego set? I need a copy
            of the instructions. I tied to get them from the lego website but my
            computer always locks up when trying to download.
            Message 5 of 16 , Jan 23, 2009
              Do you have a set number?  How new is the set?  I bought (a few*) sets at the KoP store the Saturday before Christmas.  I could check if I knew the number.

              If I don't have it perhaps I could download the instructions and bring a digital copy or print out.

              Michael Tighe

              :o(   (I'm sad because I dented my LEGO budget on a new(er) car...)

              *Maybe someone can bring their pictures they took as we were carrying (& rolling on a large cart) the bags out of the store.

              Message 6 of 16 , Jan 23, 2009
                The set is 7633 the new constructions site set.